chp. 2

— BIRTHDAY BOY

"Wake the fuck up birthday boy!"

A voice called out as a daily morning alarm, barging into his friend's room and dragging the blanket off of him.

A drowsy yawn left from the male's mouth as he lazily opened his eyes, immediately making eye contact with the ceiling. He quickly stretched his limbs and glanced over to the clock that was hung right on top of his bedroom door.

"Haechan-ah! Get your lazy ass up or no breakfast for you!" Renjun informed cheekily. The said boy let out a soft chuckle before maneuvering out of bed to brush his teeth.

June 6th, the day a newborn baby named Lee Donghyuck was born.

The male has been alive for nineteen years, indicating that today is the day he will receive his soulmate mark.

Donghyuck always assured his parents that he would love and treasure his soulmate just as much as how they did with each other when he was younger - but now, he's be influenced differently after going through adolescence. Would he be able to keep his promise?

Turning on the bathroom tap and splashing water on his bare face, he attempted to waken himself up. After doing so, he quickly brushed his teeth before damping his face with a clean, dry towel.

"Haechan-ah~" His friend, Na Jaemin sang while inviting himself into his bathroom. "Give me your hand." Jaemin demanded in a playful tone.

But Donghyuck disobeyed and continued on with his routine, ignoring the Na.

"Come on~" The male begged as he followed Donghyuck into his bedroom, watching him pull out his school uniform. "Oh shit, I gotta go get ready." As said, Jaemin stormed out of his room and into his own.

"Finally." The Lee mumbled while changing into into his grey school trousers. His black bangs effortlessly falling over his rested face. He buttoned up his shirt before putting his arms into the sleeves of his blazer.

Donghyuck then made his way into the kitchen of the house that he and his friends shared, the sound of his socks sliding against the tile flooring.

"Happy birthday kid." Mark congratulated while putting the tea bag into the cup of boiling water. The birthday boy let out a soft hum in representation of his thank you.

Mark - or should I say Lee Minhyung, is a year older than Donghyuck and only graduated last year. He has full experience of a soulmate; his ring finger tattooed with the initials of CMJ.

At exactly three o'clock, the school bell rang. Teenagers rushing to be dismissed at strike right out the tall iron school gates.

Wang Daiyu, granddaughter of one of the most wealthiest and honoured CEO in Northern China. Her long wayv caramel brown hair flowing against her back, the uniform being worn suitable with her body proportions and certainly - a elegant smile plastered on her lips.

She was mainly well-known among the male students as well as her two other best friends that followed her all day long as if she was the commander of their little friend group.

Not only did the Wang held an extremely blessing reputation due to her family background. But also because of her grades which passed the high expectations of the school, surprising the teachers.

Daiyu was not a teacher's pet nor an awfully obedient student - though, she was always on the teacher's good sides,  she was just a person who had circled straight A's stamped on her results.

Not once did she drop her smile, her pearly white teeth standing out as she chatted along with her friends while walking towards the school exit.

But of course, she wasn't the only person that the school admired.

The male walked through the school halls with his school bag hanging off his left shoulder, his shirt untucked and left messily. He caught the eye of both girls and boys. His appearance simply charming them.

His soft black hair and bangs that gently obscured his eyes, his height around 175cm. A pair of silver hoop earrings that hooked through his pierced ear hole.

Donghyuck very much enjoyed all this attention, matching thoroughly with his egoistic temperament.

He and his fellow gang member, Lee Jeno stepped past the school exit and made their way back to their base which they considered as home.

"Hey, what does your tattoo say?" Jeno asked curiously.

"Nct, duh." Donghyuck replied in an obvious tone, referring to the NCT gang tattoo that each member has on their shoulder.

The older chuckled at his response - "Like your soulmate one." He corrected. Donghyuck rolled his eyes before his eyes slowly fell to his finger. Jeno noticed this and followed his action as the older did not say anything about it. "p-j-h? Seems to be a Park. Jisung's sister?" He assumed jokingly.

"Jisung doesn't even have a sister, you dumbass."

"Well actually, he never mentioned his family before so it's possible." He reasoned wisely as his eyes drifted off from his friend's hand.

"Doubt that." Donghyuck scoffed and his pace sped up, leaving Jeno behind.

EDITEDa/n: be aware that i may be switching between using haechan and donghyuck so 😍

EDITED
a/n: be aware that i may be switching between using haechan and donghyuck so 😍