chp. 44

ROBOTIC LEADER

The two teams began preparing for their mission that was going to occur during the later night

Hyeji slipped fingerless gloves with metal spikes on them as she was in charge of physical combat today. She slid a foldable knife that fit into her pocket before sliding into a bulletproof vest and tying her layered, blonde hair into a high ponytail - combing away the excess strands.

The Park headed over to Xiaojun's office after completing her usual routine.

The male handed her the ear piece, along with Ten who followed behind her. They both attached the microscopic ear piece into their bodies and tested out the volume.

"We gotta go!" Kun yelled from the main floor, referring to himself, Ten and Hyeji. The mentioned members bid their goodbyes to Xiaojun who wished them good luck and headed down the stairs.

Hyeji walked towards the stair, fixing her protective attire as she inhaled deeply - it was nearly 11pm.

Outside their base were three black vans, supposedly owned by NCT. Again, Jaehyun rolled down the windows, signalling for the three members to hop into the large vehicle. Swiftly, they each entered the van that was filled with two other members; Jeno and Johnny.

It only took a few minutes for the three vehicles to arrive at the 'destination' because they took an illegal shortcut.

Turning off the car lights, the Jeong tried to view the area. "This isn't what I saw when Jungwoo searched it up." He mumbled.

"Car 1, are you ready?" Taeyong asked through the ear piece, "Car 1, building. Car 2, cars. Car 3, guard around here."

All the members began preparing for their positions, waiting inside their vans and crouching near the door. It was dark, hard to see as the crushed car dumping lot seemed to be abandoned - many old cars rather than new versions.

The clock hit 11pm, that's where all hell started to begin.

Each vehicle ran to their respective positions and immediately saw floods of masked men coming towards them, they were hidden behind the looming darkness of the place. Each member stayed quiet, holding their non-chalant expressions as they fought the opposing team.

Hyeji ran pass all the armed men, stabbing them with her knife as she rushed over to the rotting, brick building. Even if Kim Junho's gang had many people, they didn't seem to be that well-trained. Unable to dodge shots and unaware of the perfect places to stab - were they even skilled enough against NCT.

Acid definitely outnumbered the opposing gang, all his men were dressed in black suits and a black mask that covered their whole face. But, which one was Kim Junho? Was he even there?

Hyeji and the other members near her position crouched or stood behind the building. The Park was able to detect a group of men heading their way and a group of men coming from behind. Swiftly, she signalled for the other members to attack the group ahead of them and she'll take care of the ones from behind.

Jokingly, she scared the small group of masked men, wanting to burst out laughing from their flinches. But quickly enough, they began attacking her.

She dodged their bat throws and their punches, stepping onto their feet and stabbing them in the neck.

However, she was not aware of the creature that go a hold of her whole body.

"Fuck." She whispered, feeling a metallic sensation touch her skin - with weird robotic sounds as it carried her into the air. She was floating as the 'so-called robot' tightly held her against its metal body.

She used all her trained strength to try squeeze out, stabbing her knife into the metal body but it caused no arm. She couldn't even turn around to try comprehend whatever thing was holding onto her. Attempting to push her weakening body out, she groaned.

By the second, the robot was squeezing her even tighter - and soon enough, bloodied spikes popped out of its metal arms.

Stabbing into Hyeji's clothed skin, blood began gauging out of her body. She screamed for help and tried to hold in the pain but the metallic creature was given to mercy. The Park couldn't even talk through the earpiece as she couldn't reach her fingers to touch it. It seemed that all the members were on the other side of the location.

Breathing heavily and feeling the stinging spikes of metal poke into her skin with blood flowing out like a waterfall.

Haechan punched five men in a row, dodging every defence they had in their arms. The Lee was on the opposite side of Hyeji, near the rusty, stacked cars that filled the parking lot. He twisted the arms of a person who creeped behind him but suddenly felt a weird sensation on his arms. As if blood was squeezing out of him, he knew that something was wrong.

"Yuta. Where's Hyeji?" He sternly asked as the living masked men started to decrease.

"Car 1. Near the building."

Almost immediately, the Lee went sprinting to the building, jumping over the vehicles like parkour and passed all his other members that were fighting the opposing gang.

"What the fuck is that." He mumbled before kicking the robot from behind, but it stayed still and stuck to the ground with its silicon feet. "Hyeji!"

Using all his strength, he tried to pull the robotic grasp of his soulmate but it was too strong. He used all kinds of methods but they didn't seem to work. He started to notice how Hyeji's skin turned pale, her lips transforming into a shade of light purple right before her head drooped.

"Kim Junho is confirmed dead!"

I had sm fun writing this chapter 🤭