chp. 19

FAMILIAR NAME

After school ended, Jihye headed towards the base as her leader asked to gather in the meeting room

"I have the plan ready. However, this is a challenging mission. I may need to ask NCT for help." Kun announced, distributing the folders of the plan for the 'CEO assassin mission'.

Jang Baekhyun, CEO of Jamal Hotel.

Im Hyunwoo, Lead director of Jamal Hotel.

Kun continued to inform the members of the plan as they nodded. "This may take a long time as we don't know what they are like. But we do have a bit of information given from Hyunwoo."

Jihye scanned through the folder of papers, examining their profiles, names and the plan. As her fingers swiped through each page, she stopped at a specific person.

"Jang Hana?" She remembered. Looking over towards the profile picture, she immediately recognised who it was.

"Jihye! Come sit next to me. You're my bestfriend!" The young Hana invited, tapping onto the seat next to her. "You're so pretty." She complimented.

Junior Jihye smiled, replying with a small 'thank you' as she walked towards her with her tray of lunch food. Just as she was about to take a seat, Hana grabbed the sauce from her tray and began to pour it over Jihye's seat.

Jihye stood their silently, wondering what she should do. "Excuse me?" She asked in a small voice.

"Excuse you? Your name stands for intelligence but you have non whatsover." Hana's tone instantly changed, tilting her head as a form of teasing. "Being my best friend was a lie. Calling you my best friend is embarrassing."

The Park stayed silent, holding her tray before her hands starting shaking in fear.

"What a weak girl you are." Hana provoked, standing up. "I'll hold this for you." She smiled with an obvious mocking tone.

As she took the tray out of her hands, the young Park didn't know what to do. Sauce of vegetables began pouring over her clean school uniform as Hana and her friends started laughing.

Their loud and insincere laughs attracted the attention of other students, making them look over to the scene.

"Jihye. Pay attention." The Qian demanded firmly, taking her out of her trance.

The Park then realised that she was spacing out and nearly missed out on the whole plan. Gulping nervously, she attempted to put her focus back onto the mission.

"The lead director has invited two of us to attend the hotel's 50th birthday. It is an event similar to a ball and will take place on Friday next week. I am still figuring out who should go, but I will inform you guys when I have done so. While the two people are there, I will gather a few members to attack Baekhyun's secretary. The lead director has informed me that the two do not have a good relationship currently so we will be able to get more information by holding the secretary hostage. For now, just continue training until the day of the first mission."

While each member left the room, Jihye left it mindlessly as the memories were still stuck in her thoughts.

She headed over towards the shooting range, in hopes of getting her mind distracted from these negative thoughts. Slipping on the protective clothing, she grabbed the sniper subconsciously - as if she needed something specific to concentrate on.

Aim by aim, shot by shot, she had basically succeeded every attempt.

"Wow. What's in your mind for you to be so focused like that." Ten interrupted, putting on the protective clothing and grabbing the pistol into his gloved hands.

"Just... a lot of things." She confessed, continuing to shoot.

The older male walked to the lane next to hers, wearing the orange earmuffs over his head before he began to shoot.

Mark laid quietly in bed. His eyes focused on the plain white ceiling in front of him as his right hand rested over his stomach.

The lights were off, the shining sun peeked through his closed blinds. He was tired, but his eyes wouldn't close.

Hearing his members laugh outside in the main room would usually make him happy, but this time, it made him feel even worse. All he wanted to do was just cover his ears and sleep like a baby.

The Lee's head slowly turned over to his desk that held the letter.

It was so stupid for him to believe that letter, but something about the leader of their current opposing gang sending it personally to him, felt abnormal.

It's like he wanted something from him. NCT was his life.

Mark sighed. Simply staring at the ceiling while he got lost in his thoughts.

"Donghyuck is probably really disappointed in me." He assumed.

In fact, the mentioned male was in deed disappointed, but in himself.

Donghyuck sat quietly on the floor of his bedroom, next to the closed door.

The hood of his white hoodie covering his head slightly while his knees were crouched up to his chest, resting his head onto his knees.

The younger Lee blinked.

All he wanted to do was apologise to his best friend, but something made him feel like now wasn't the right time.

a/n: 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

a/n: 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭