chp. 42

HEADS, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES

"'Open the door'. The same contact had just sent him that. It also just hit 11pm."

The members in the room exchange weird and confused stares, what did that mean?

Mark was at WayV's base in the first place and basically all the members were already in the same room as him. He furrowed his eyebrows in bewilderment as he allowed the leaders to take some time to contemplate. 

"Jaehyun, Yangyang, Doyoung and Ten. Could you come down with me to the front door?" Kun asked, referring to the closest members to the door - they all nodded in sync before they began to follow WayV's leader out the meeting room.

While the rest of them waited silently, Kun and the mentioned males headed down to the main part of the bottom floor. Opening the front door with his key card, he was introduced to a large cardboard box.

Jaehyun tilted his head in confusion before helping Kun pull the box inside. It made a sound, as if something was moving inside the cardboard container that was securely taped. Kun ordered Yangyang to make a call to Taeyong - as he did so, he called the rest of the members to come down.

This could have simply been a package that a member bought online, but it didn't have an address on it nor did the members that lived in the base purchase something this large. 

Not long after, all the members of both gangs gathered around the main entrance, circling the cardboard box that was like a main character in a movie - and they were the side characters. 

Taeyong used his key to slice open the taped enclosure as all the members watched carefully, he leaned down and slowly revealed the subject inside of it, it smelt like burnt iron.

It was a bloodied head.

The hair and the facial features were still tightly attached to the 'head'. A few of the members gasped at the sight of it while most of them left their jaws dropped. This was the thing that was making so much sound as it rolled around while the box was pulled into the base. The sides of the inside box was slightly stained with blood. 

No neck, no eyes.

"Holy shit." Hyeji peeked through the towering members, spitting out as she filled the perplexed silence in the room. "I saw that girl." She covered her mouth, eyes widening after recognising the short hair and familiar facial characterisitics.

Haechan kept his eyes on his soulmate, seeming to care for her a lot more after that one encounter at the station.

"I saw her with Kim Junseo at the Jamal Hotel Birthday event." All the members turned their heads over to her direction, unlike Haechan who was already staring at her. "She was holding hands with him." 

The eldest Lee raised his eyebrows, taking in the information he was just enlightened about. However, the two leaders knew it must have been apart of Kim Junho's plan. 

After they were ordered, Doyoung and Taeil slid their hands into pairs of gloves.

The Kim attentively pulled out the bloodied letter that stuck onto the bottom of the inside box while Taeil carefully picked up the body part and placed it into the large disposable bag, sealing the lingering scent of blood for research purposes.

Taeyong slid on his own pair of gloves, receiving the letter that Doyoung passed to him. "17 Resonance Street, Gangseo District. 0727"

"Isn't that the most dangerous suburb in Seoul?" Chenle inquired, pulling out his phone as his leader requested for him to search up the address.

"Maybe... He wants us to meet up at that address at 11pm- Because he texts Mark every day at that time." Xiaojun made a rough guess, his expression stern and focused. 

Kun nodded, agreeing with his member. 

After cleaning up and returning back to the meeting room - they each sat in their respective seats before Taeyong continued to speak.

"Kim Junho seems to know the base of Wayv, probably NCTs too. He also knew that our members were here. He has probably been getting his men to stalk us."

"0727... July 27th?" Haechan questioned, his eyes directed to the projector that displayed a photo of the letter that was found inside the crimson delivery box. 

"17 Resonance Street, Gangseo District. On the 27th of July at 11pm." The eldest Lee concluded, writing something down onto his small notebook.

The date was nearing, around a week closer. They needed to do something quickly because Kim Junho must have planned something big, something that could affect both gangs negatively. He is like the Mastermind archetype in book, the one that struggles to take action but always preparing on what to do using his men.

"Should we do something about the head?" 

"Im Chaeyoung. Born in 2000. She must have a relationship with Kim Junseo or Kim Junho." Xiaojun began typing onto his laptop in front of him as Taeyong continued to take notes. 

Quick note Im Chaeyoung is pretty irrelevant she won't be appearing much after this chapter (other than her head) please go check out the new prologue for my jeonghan book thank uuuuu