chp. 53

EPILOGUE

A year after the festival

"Look at you." Jihye teased with a loud laughter, pointing to the other male on the screen of her phone.

Donghyuck scoffed playfully, "I don't know what's so funny. My voice is perfect and I look beautiful." It was a video of last year, at the yearly school festival and the F4 of their high school played the ending performance. 

"Yeah, you do. But, it's so funny seeing you on stage like that." The female Park continued to tease, sliding her phone back into her hand bag. 

After senior graduation, the pair of soulmates mainly focused on their gang and their plans, taking a break between high school and college. Throughout the months, the two have definitely gone closer, with many of their members finding their soulmates as well.

How could so much happen in such little time?

As the laughter faded away, chatters began to fill the hall. Slow, and romantic background music played beneath the couple dancers in the centre of the stage. More people began to gather, heading to their respective tables along with their friends.

The function centre was beautiful, rows of flowers hung at the top, hovering over the clear, white stage in which people took photos. A few tables clothed with a white fabric scattered across the red carpet flooring, their seats decorated with a bright green strap and a silk material. The music balanced with the atmosphere, everyone in suits or dresses. 

Jihye and Donghyuck were in charge of greeting the 'members' that entered the function hall, only a few of them. There were around twenty men and only two females in the place. 

The female Park was dressed in a slim, wine red dress that elucidated her figure, the slit at the side and the off-shoulder sleeve outlined her physical features. On the other hand, her soulmate was dressed in a clean, black and white suit, along with a flower in his upper pocket. 

"Congratulations, our leader!" Johnny cheered as he walked into the venue, running to hold the mentioned male into a deep, tight hug. 

Lee Taeyong and Bang Jaekyung. It was their special day. 

Since last year, the members of both gangs had gradually grown accustomed to their soulmates. But, before that, they only went to them for survival purposes due to the priorities of their gangs. However, realising the importance of genuinely being with your soulmate due to Donghyuck and Jihye, they knew that they couldn't choose their gang over their fate.

The first one to get married, was the leader of NCT, Taeyong. His newly-wedded wife was fully aware of the whole gang idea, and didn't think much of it as the soulmate effect really got to her. 

Jihye was indeed grateful to have another female figure, spending all her time surrounded by men, was getting a bit tiring. She thought of Jaekyung as her older sister, knowing that she was already the eldest of her own family. 

On behalf of the couple's ideas, they decided to have a wedding only for the gang members and the Bang's family. It was much better than spending their special day with various people that they didn't even know. 

"I bet you can't wait to see Jaekyung. She's beautiful." The female Park complimented, closing up the doors after everyone entered.

"I know she will be. But, you know whose more beautiful?" Donghyuck inquired, making the female whip her head up to the taller male.

"Don't say me-"

"You." He giggled, leaning down to place a peck on Jihye's forehead before walking away with a smirk on his lips.

While the week of the wedding came, all the members of both gangs prayed that nothing was going to happen, nothing. So far, it was going well. 

Taeyong walked around, talking with his newly-wedded wife's family members in which they responded gleefully. 

As the soulmate of a gang member, it could be difficult to understand but you had to deal with it. Jaekyung's parents had to accept it either way, putting themselves in their daughter's shoes. Nonetheless, it didn't quite go with Donghyuck and Jihye as they were both gang members, anyway.

"Jihye. Did you bring your pocket knife?" Kun asked in a whisper. She nodded in response, looking down to her feet, it was hidden at the contact between the sole of her feet and the heel. "Good."

"Jihye! Your man is drinking already! Get him to stop!" Renjun yelled at the top of his lungs, catching the said female's attention. She chuckled lightly as she headed towards her partner.

Instead of stopping him, she took his glass and took a sip for herself. 

"Ah, shit. Now, the both of them? Seriously, soulmates are cringe." The Huang sulked, crossing his arms as he walked away.

"Don't say that." Sicheng scolded in a playful tone. 

"Oh, another one with a soulmate." Renjun rolled his eyes, receiving a chuckle from the older one's lips.

Renjun, Jeno, Donghyuck and Jaemin headed for the stage, preparing their instruments while the guests wait for the beginning of the night. The fixed their microphones and adjusted their instruments, all dressed in suits. 

The Lee slid off his blazer, throwing it over to the side where it landed perfectly on a chair and rolled up his sleeves. 

Gosh, he's hot. 

Jihye watched as her soulmate began to sing, missing the taste of his voice. It sounded perfect in her ears. 

"You look down bad." Ten commented from behind, making her jolt in shock and smack the male jokingly. "I'm not saying it's bad. That hurt."

"You know, it's not wedding without singing 'Darl+ing' by Seventeen." Donghyuck spoke into the microphone and Jihye refocused her attention onto him. The song brought back wonderful memories, from the nickname to the festival.

"You know, without you, I'm so lonely. When you're not here, 911 calling. Into your heat again, I'm diving. Darling you, darling you, baby."

I miss this boooooooooooooook