chp. 47

NOT HOME

It had now been four days since the beginning of Jihye's stay in the NCT Hospital

They decided to keep her at the NCT base since it could have been a hassle to transfer her body and it would be safer to keep her with her soulmate while she is in such a fragile state. 

Taeil was in charge of checking on her today, he did a few tests and monitoring before organising his folders on the side of the counter. Jihye was definitely not dead, but there wasn't any signs that she was going to wake up anytime soon.

Walking over to the bed of the patient, he took out his clipboard and recorded her current blood pressure from the digital screen. He wondered where her soulmate was - he was always there next to her bed at all times during the day, but today, he didn't seem to be there.

Once he turned around to put down his clipboard onto the counter, he could hear a ruffling sound.

Immediately, the Moon whipped his head back around and saw Jihye's hand slowly moving. He quickly leaned over to test her temperature using his hands over her forehead. His eyes widened as her arms moved around uncomfortably, and he helped her fix her position. 

Slowly, her eyelids began to open, presenting her a blurry and confusing view. 

Taeil sighed in relief, putting his hands over his chest as he smiled to the patient. After eyeing her digital monitor, he pressed a few buttons on the bottom of the bed which automatically adjusted the bed to a bent-tilting position. 

"Hyeji." A smile rose on his lips and a slight smile returned back to him. "One second." The Moon went over to the cabinet and pulled out some medicine, along with a cup of filtered water. 

While he did so, Jihye looked around her surroundings. She recognised this place. It was the medical room of the NCT base. And she was in a hospital bed. The same hospital bed that she found her soulmate in before when he got injured. 

As if she took a week-long nap, she yawned and stretched a bit. It was a bit funny to say that the Park was disappointed that she didn't wake up to her soulmate sitting beside her - like a scene in a romance movie. 

Taeil handed her the medication and the cup of water, "Take this. How do you feel right now?"

Before she gulped the pill, she scrunched her nose playfully. "I feel fine." She reassured.

"Do you remember anything that happened before you were here?"

"Uh..." Jihye paused before resuming her speech. "It was the mission right? The one about Kim Junho?" The Moon seemed pleased at her reply.

"Good thing you didn't lose any of your memories." He joked. "The team will explain everything later- It's a bit confusing but it's a good thing you're fine and awake. Sucks that your soulmate isn't here right now."

"Soulmate? Haechan?" The male nodded. 

"He was always sitting beside you, even when he was feeling really tired. The only time that he isn't here, you woke up." He informed, watched as a smirk rose on Jihye's lips.

Just as she desired, someone to wait with her while she was deep, deep asleep. 

"Right now, just stay in the bed and press this button if you need me. I'll be back to tell the members and then do a few more tests. Be careful not to apply pressure to your arms and remember to drink water."

The male then left the medical room using his ID, leaving the patient by herself. She crossed her arms and puckered her lips in boredom. Her eyes then drifted over to the digital clock and she read the date.

"31st already?" If the mission occurred on the 27th, that meant she spent around four days in the hospital bed. She would have been at school right now, she worried that her best friend would be lonely.

Soon, a few other members gathered in the medical room, happy to see the awakening of Jihye.

kung chi pak chi kung kung chi pak chi yeah