chp. 38

TASTE OF YOUR TASTE

Donghyuck and Minhyung sat comfortably on the couch in the main living room where most of the members were

As a weekend break, Taeyong requested that they have a fun game night with all their members. They haven't had this chance in a long time due to their busy and tight schedules with missions and other personal agendas. 

The coffee table, full of snacks like popcorn and home run balls. The floor, full of game boards and fun activity games. The couch, full of members that played KartRider with the controller.

The large room was full of many people, laughter, chatter and sulking tones of losers. It was a great way to relax and relieve themselves of stress, ignoring every upcoming mission that they had and just enjoying their present. 

Donghyuck and Minhyung had gradually faded away from their small conflict a few weeks ago. However, the younger Lee couldn't help but think back to the day every day. As if the letter was locking or hinting something to his mind - but he struggled to figure it out.

Fortunately, all his strange theories were disregarded as the two played games on the couch; their eyes directed at the projected screen and fingers working quickly on the controller.

After winning a game and cheering, Donghyuck threw a piece of popcorn into his mouth, but it missed and reached the head of another member instead.

"Hyuck! What the fuck!" Renjun hissed disgustingly, wiping the popcorn off of his light brown hair before continuing to play the game of UNO on the floor. 

The two Lees' just laughed aloud, finding the Huang to be cute. 

Out of the blue, instead of tasting the salty flavour of popcorn, he tasted the smell of cigarettes in his mouth. Donghyuck never smoked, nor did he know any members that smoked inside the base. Abnormally, the taste started to get stronger - making him scrunch his face in nausea.

"Bro, you okay?" Minhyung asked while chewing on some candy.

"Yeah but, I taste like cigarettes in my mouth."

"Dude, have you been smoking?" The older Lee inquired, furrowing his eyebrows at the thought.

Donghyuck shook his head confusingly, as a signal that he hasn't been smoking. His disorientation was then disrupted by another members speech.

"That's probably what your soulmate is tasting." Jaehyun informed, a flipped cap on his head as he moved his small, silver, monopoly character.

The Lee assumed it was weird, but then he realised that Jihye had smoked before - noticing this on the day that they met at the station.

Grabbing his phone quickly from the side of the coffee table, he scrolled through his contacts.

Jihye?