Episode 31 - a muddy reception

The day had come for the wedding that could help save lives, which could put an end to a war and that was to early for almost everybody. With the Tennyson family all dressed up in there best formal ware and they got into the three vehicles that filled up the driveway. On the drive over, ben squirmed in the back seat of his parents' car as he tried to find a way to try and sit comfortably with his tux on.

Carl: you could have gone into the rust bucket if you were going to squirm this much.

Ben: sorry, it's just been so boring, and I can't get a good sitting position with theses flaps.

Sandra: you know that once we get there you can't use your watch.

Ben: what if there's an alien attack or something?

Carl: your mother said no watch so no watch.

Ben: you do realize that this thing has a mind of its own sometimes, right?

Sandra: we understand that but try and stay human as much as you can. Ok?

Ben: all right, still don't see why we've been dragged along to this wedding.

Carl: you didn't want to be left with penny.

Ben: I can take care of myself.

carl: you nearly burned down the house last time we trusted you, and that was before you could turn into a living fire, and you haven't done much to earn our trust.

Ben sighs as Circe continues to look out of the window of the car, she was in.

Gwen: are you ok Circe?

Circe: I've never really left Bellwood further then providence and abysys didn't really have many sights. Hong Kong was nice, but I've still not seen much outside of that.

ken: you've been to Hong Kong?

Gwen: let's change the subject. I've never really heard of jole before. What's he like?

Natalie: I have no idea. By the time I had married into the family, he had already joined the military. I just hope nothing goes wrong with this wedding. It would be a bad omen for the rest of the family.

Circe: bad omen?

Frank: there's not been a good Tennyson marriage since you're aunt vera. It didn't matter if it was bob, Dave, Kathy, your uncle carl or I. if this wedding is messed up then we might have to start an emergency funding for when you get married Gwen.

Gwen: and I left my shields at home.

Circe: don't worry, I've got my weapon always on me.

Natalie: maybe we tone down the Evo.

Circe: what do you mean?

Natalie: it's just that a lot of these guests aren't used to Evos and aliens like we are.

Circe: ok, I'll keep my Evo jaw hidden unless something pops up.

Frank: that's the best we can ask for you. Although let's not jinx it, shall we?

The girls let out a little chuckle as frank and ken joined in, Natalie having the same tiered expression she always had.

Ken: I've missed this.

Frank: then you should come home more son.

Ken: I know, I know. But getting time off of work and having my other things line up, it's been hard to even come and visit you guys for just a week.

Natalie: just try, ok? We miss you.

Ken: all right moms.

Finally in the rust bucket, Bobo was putting on his best, as rex was trying to get some formal ware on him.