➛⠀𝟬𝟮 | 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗟𝗔

You shifted your gaze uncomfortably as your friends discussed how to get into Graciela's house as quickly as possible before you and your friends' parents arrived. You were taken aback when you noticed a seemingly alive-looking Pietro in the distance, which caught you off guard. You convinced yourself that you were hallucinating when you discovered Alex couldn't see him.

"You're okay, (Y/n)." You heard Pietro's voice of reassurance when you remembered the day you were trapped. "Do you hear me?"

"I don't wanna die..."

"You're gonna be fine, I promise..."

It was also the day he tragically died.

Chase yanked you down from your feet as he and the others heard a chopper passing overhead. Chase stared at you, puzzled. "You okay? You were zoning out."

You looked at him and slowly nodded. "Yeah, I'm good."

You all stood up and began walking once the helicopter had left. "So how do we get to Graciela's? She lives, like, twenty miles away." Molly stated.

"Uh, yeah." Gert panted. "Remember when life was so easy, like, 48 hours ago when we all had cell phones and Lyft accounts?"

"Do payphones still exist?" Chase asked.

"Even if they did, they require payment," Nico grumbled.

"We could take the Metrolink," Molly suggested in delight.

"Public transportation?" Chase questioned.

"Does anybody even know how to do that?" Gert asked everyone.

You shook your head while Molly nodded. "I do." She answered with a smile. "That's how I got to school from Graciela's. I still have my card. You take the Purple line to the Red line, then you transfer to the Yellow line, then there's another Red one..."

Molly inhaled deeply. "...the last two are buses, not trains. Only we would do it backwards because we're going in the opposite direction. But there's one problem."

"Only one?" Karolina asked.

Molly sighed. "The train runs only during rush hour." All of you stopped walking as all you thought for a moment. "Which is hours from now." You realized.

"And too late for Graciela." Nico took a deep breath and turned to face the nearby luxurious restaurant. "Of course, the d-bag who owns that car could go wherever he wants."

You looked in Nico's direction and noticed a wealthy man getting into his car and driving away. A pair left the restaurant, and you noticed them. You drew your arms together and crossed them. "If only we could steal one of those cars to get to Graciela quickly."

Gert tapped your arms and directed her finger toward Chase and Karolina. Your mind was kindled by an idea. "Or maybe we can." You smiled as Chase and Karolina exchanged puzzled glances. Gert hurriedly unlocked Chase's bag and extracted the blue jacket he wore to the dance.

You signaled Karolina and Chase to follow you. "You two follow me. Nico, Gert, Molly, stay here. I know a way back in that restaurant."

Nico furrowed her eyebrows in surprise. "Since when?" She asked as she took Chase's bag to hold it for him.

You shrugged. "Since this morning." You and Karolina and Chase walked into the restaurant without being noticed. Chase put on his blue blazer, while you noticed a white jacket on the bench beside her, which a lady had discarded carelessly. You took the jacket and handed it to Karolina using your abilities. "Use it."

Karolina stared at you with concern and paused for a second. "(Y/n)."

"Karolina, we don't have the time—" Chase paused his sentence as he spotted your eyes. "Oh, my God. Are you okay?"