➛⠀𝟮𝟬 | 𝗥𝗨𝗡𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗬𝗦 𝗩𝗦 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥

You and your friends heard yellings within the residence as you approached it, so you and the others hurried. Topher was pleading with someone, and you overheard him. "Please, just let me come home! Please!"

"Why?" You heard a woman ask. "Why would we? Look at what you're doing! Look at what you did to Daddy! He can't walk, Topher!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Topher cried out. "I'll be different this time, I swear!"

Molly was the first to enter the house, followed by you and your friends. You noticed a woman dressed as a nurse spotting you and the rest of the group. "Who the hell are you?"

Topher saw the confusion on the woman's face so he turned around and saw the Runaways. "We're friends," Karolina answered.

"Go away!" Topher yelled, his tears cascading down his cheeks. "I didn't ask you to be here!"

When you looked about the house, you could see how much of a mess it had become since Topher had arrived. You also found two adults, one of them was in a wheelchair and was terrified. "Topher, maybe you can come and settle this outside for a minute." You tried to calm him down, but Topher shook his head. "No! This is my house!"

Molly furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, what?" She asked. "This isn't what you described." Molly had a check around and discovered photos of Topher and his family on the walls and tables. Molly looked to the side to see the same adults you saw, but she realized one of them was in a wheelchair. "Are those your parents?"

Topher snapped his head to his parents. "Not if you ask them, no!"

"Topher." His mother called out calmly, attempting to conceal her terror. "We're so sorry, but you've just never been the same since the accident."

Topher's mother turned his head to face you and your friends. "It was the explosion at the lab." He explained. "It turned him into some kind of monster."

"I am not a monster!" Topher yelled defensively.

"What lab?" Molly asked loudly to Topher to catch his attention. Topher locked his gaze on Molly for a few moments, tears flowing down his cheeks. "It doesn't matter!"

"It does to me." Molly retorted.

While the woman, likely his sister, answered for Molly, Topher grumbled and ran his palm around his head in frustration. "At Goodman University. Two people died. He worked there."

Molly's eyes widened in shock as she tried to process what Topher's sister had said. You looked at Molly in worry, and you saw her eyes well up in tears. "Those were my parents." She gasped before returning her gaze to Topher. "You were there?" When Topher did not reply, Molly grew impatient. "Tell me, Topher, now!"

"So, I left out a few details." Topher barked. "What difference does it make, huh?"

Karolina cast a peek at Alex, who returned her stare, while Molly locked her gaze on Topher. "What difference does it make? You lied to me!" She yelled. "After we stayed up all night talking, trying to figure out the truth!"

"He lies about everything." Topher's sister added.

"Including his age," Chase stated. "Molly's parents died ten years ago. What, Topher worked at the lab when he was eight?"

Alex walked towards you, standing next to you as he listened to Chase. Topher's mother abruptly spoke up once more. "The explosion." She remarked. "It changed him."

"Okay, just stop! Stop!" Topher cried out in desperation, causing you to flinch. Topher turned his head to his sister and then to his parents. "You're my family! You're supposed to forgive me!"