➛⠀𝟭𝟮 | 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫'𝗦 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗭𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

"Pick up, pick up..." You chewed your bottom lip as you waited for Adam to pick up the call. You were outside of the underground mansion, tapping your foot anxiously. After rescuing Alex, you took a long nap in the car and in your room that you had forgotten about your meet-up with Adam.

Finally, Adam answered your call. "Oh, hey." You heard his sweet voice on the phone. "I was just about to leave the house. Are you ready?"

You took a deep breath as you stared down at your shoes. "Adam, I think I might have to pass on this one, I'm sorry. A lot has happened right now."

"I heard the news," Adam stated. "You and your friends are cleared from charges. I assumed you should be thriving right now."

You shook your head as you crossed your arms. "No, we shouldn't. An innocent man was blamed for a runaway's death and..." You sighed heavily. "It's fucked up."

"How do you know he's innocent?"

"Because..." You paused when you realized you couldn't tell him that your friends' parents, including your adoptive parents, were members of a cult that murdered juvenile runaways. "...look, Adam, this is just too much to handle. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"That's alright," Adam reassured. "Did Alex at least come back there? I don't want you getting stressed over him."

You stifled a laugh and slowly nodded. "Yes, he's back. Don't worry."

"Oh, I'm not worried about him. I'm worried about you." Adam corrected. "I'm worried about your safety and well-being."

"That's too sweet of you, Adam." You smiled. "But really, don't worry. I'm fine."

You heard Adam sighing. "Okay. Just remember that if you need anything, I'm here."

In one of the rooms in the mansion, Alex stayed inside, listening to the disturbing news about Darius Davis' death at the Gordon Hotel and his possible involvement in the murder of Destiny Gonzalez on the radio. Alex switched off the radio and noticed Nico standing near the doorway, holding an old PlayStation.

As Nico gave him a sorrowful smile, Alex glanced down and sighed deeply. "This was all my parents." He stated. "I know it." Alex sucked in a deep breath and shrugged. "But the good news is, we're not wanted for murder anymore, so..."

Nico walked forward. "Bad news is... your friend died."

Alex shook his head in denial. "Not sure he was ever really my friend."

"You know who still is?" Nico asked as she glanced at the PlayStation he was carrying. "Found this lying around. Maybe we can play like... you and Amy used to?"

Alex stared at the old PlayStation in Nico's grasp and he cracked a smile while chuckling softly. He set the radio down and raised his eyes to Nico. "Find any good games?"

Nico chuckled. "Uh, something called Street Fighter II?"

Alex gasped. "No way. You're kidding." He grinned widely. "That's a classic!"

"If you say so."

Alex assisted Nico in setting up the station and the game on the room's television. Nico took a seat while Alex prepped the game. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah."

"So, why'd you call (Y/n) of all people?"

Alex froze for a second as he recalled what had happened earlier in the day. Alex had intended to phone you after assisting Darius' family with their duties to check in on you and give you an update on how he was doing. Alex noticed your voicemail when his father was bringing him to the airport and decided to call you about the kidnapping.