➛⠀𝟭𝟴 | 𝗖𝗨𝗧𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗡𝗡𝗬

Alex's eyes flinched shut when he heard small noises nearby. He assumed it was 3 AM in the morning as the sun has still not risen up. He wore his glasses when he noticed a figure by the stairs. 'Who could be awake at this hour right now?' He squinted his eyes to see you alone by the stairwell.

You appeared upset and agitated since you were gazing your eyes furiously at the floor and your knee bounced up and down anxiously. "(Y/n)?" Alex whispered, loud enough for you to hear.

You flinched and looked at Alex in his room. "Shit." You murmured before standing up and ready to walk back to your room but Alex got up. "Hey, hey, are you okay?" He asked softly, careful enough not to wake the others.

You came to a complete stop and turned around. "Yeah..." You replied as you looked down. "Sorry for waking you up."

When Alex noticed you were wearing the rabbit hoodie Molly had given you a few weeks earlier, he pushed his thoughts aside. He thought it was adorable that you were wearing your hood and displaying the bunny ears.

"You didn't like the hoodie?"

"No, I love the hoodie. I just think of it more to wear it when I'm sleeping."

Alex motioned you to approach him with his head. You took a deep breath and moved silently approaching his room. You could see he was surrounded by unused electronics and various screens for Alex to utilize. "There's a lot of rooms in this place yet you decided to sleep here." You told him as you sat down next to him.

Alex shrugged. "It's alright. I like being surrounded by gadgets."

"Does it feel like paradise?"

"Well, it feels comfortable and safe."

You responded with a nod before lowering your gaze to your feet. As he peered at you, Alex tilted his head in wonder. "Okay, something is clearly bothering you."

"Is it too obvious?" You nervously chuckled as you fidgeted with your fingers. "It's just about dreams and nightmares. Nothing too serious."

Alex frowned. "Hey, we both know nightmares traumatize you especially when it's about your past." He said. "It's always serious when it comes to you."

You shook your head as you pulled your legs near you to hug them. "Dreams or nightmares... it doesn't really matter. I wake up in the realization that they could never be true." You shakily exhaled. "Every night... I have the same dreams. And every morning... the same nightmares."

When you noticed Alex's silence, you sighed heavily. "I'm not sure why I'm dumping this on you. You're supposed to be asleep. I'm going to get some fresh air."

Before you could move, Alex grabbed your hand, stopping you. "No, don't. It might be dangerous outside."

You chuckled lightly. "I can take care of myself, don't worry." You smiled in reassurance. "Well, maybe I can stay. But only in a different part of the mansion. I hate that I bothered you and your sleep."

Alex shook his head as he smiled. "You were never a bother to me."

You locked your gaze on him before looking down at his hand, which was resting on top of yours. Your cheeks grew warm and hot as you pressed your lips together. "Still, you need sleep."

"I can stay up until you sleep." Alex grinned. "A lot of things have happened these past few days and it must be overwhelming for you."

You nodded as you chuckled with him. "Too much." You admitted. "But I set my feelings aside because your and the others' safety is much more important."