➛⠀𝟮𝟳 | 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛

"Please." As he held out his hand once again, Jonah pleaded with Karolina to join him and his ship. With a shake of her head, Karolina expressed her dissatisfaction with her father. "If you love me, you won't make me choose."

Jonah sighed in disappointment. "Like all children in the end—destined to break their parents' heart." He looked and turned away as he pressed his two fingers on the side of his head. "Xavin, Plan B. Full acceleration."

The ground began to shake more violently, causing everyone to fall down except for Jonah. In admiration, Jonah gazed at his ship, which was slowly rising from the surface. Everyone got to their feet and stared in shock and horror at Jonah's ship. Dale and Stacey unlocked their cases to reveal serum-filled pistols, while Victor and Janet activated their Anti-Gravity Device to bring the ship to a halt. "Victor, are you ready?" Janet asked.

Victor nodded. "Yeah."

The ship did not come to a stop when it attempted to depart, leaving further cracks in the ground. You noticed Nico take a step forward and activate the Staff of One. "Stop the ship!" She commanded.

You pulled away from Alex as you walked toward Nico. "No, Nico!" You yelled.

"It's too much, Nico!" Karolina exclaimed.

The Staff of One crackled as Nico shut her eyes, trying to stop the ship. The power of the staff faltered and Nico passed out. "Nico!" You, Tina, and Robert exclaimed in unison as the three of you raced to Nico. Nico dropped the Staff and remained unconscious. Robert placed her daughter on his lap in worry.

You went to her side as you held her hand, pleading to anyone who can hear you for Nico to wake up while Karolina gasped in shock. Tina took the Staff of One and attempted to perform the same spell. "Stop the ship!" Tina became concerned when the Staff of One failed to work. "What's wrong? Why won't it work?"

"Because it's Nico's now." Robert deduced as he worriedly looked at his daughter. "Completely."

You leaned your forehead against Nico's and planted a gentle kiss on her hand while briefly closing your eyes. "I love you, sis..." You whispered before standing up. "(Y/n), no!" Robert yelled as he reached out to grab your arm in an attempt to stop you, but you had already left.

You lifted your arms and utilized your powers to bring the ship to a halt, feeling your body move back slightly as a result of the ship's weight. You didn't hold back, and your eyes shone crimson red as you unleashed even more energy in an attempt to halt the spaceship. Jonah watched his ship being enveloped by red psionic energy, causing him to turn to you. He became aware that the ship was slowing down, prompting him to glare at you. Alex went up to Chase, Molly, and Gert. "She's trying to stop the ship, isn't she?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah." Molly breathed out. "But it's too much, she won't be able to fully stop it."

"Chase!" Victor got Chase's attention by yelling his name. Victor signaled his son to Jonah, and Chase got the message. He fired energy shots at Jonah from his Fistigons, but Jonah easily blocked them. Jonah angrily shot a beam back towards Chase, however, Karolina stepped in and shot a beam back to her father, long enough to distract him.

While Jonah was preoccupied and you were trying to slow the ship down, Victor took advantage of the opportunity to toss the Anti-Gravity Device at it. You blinked a few times as you felt yourself getting tired, but you persisted in doing what you were doing, further worrying your adoptive parents. You gritted your teeth as you pushed your arms forward, trying to stay in your place and avoid being forced back by the ship's force.

Unknowingly to you, an illusion of a red mystical headpiece, a tiara specifically, formed around your forehead and face, which caught Tina's attention. "That's..." Tina whispered in utter shock.