➛⠀𝟭𝟱 | 𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥

Using your powers, you shot a dummy by the hallway with an energy blast to bring it down while cleaning a few things up in the main hall. Molly was busy touring Topher around the house, Karolina had left the Hostel to look for a job, Nico was in her room, Gert was keeping an eye on Old Lace, and Alex and Chase were together talking in a room. Since you were alone, you chose to clean up a few more things while practicing your powers to attack.

You suddenly felt a presence behind you and you used your powers to lift a knife and chuck it behind. You turned around and stopped the knife to see Topher smiling at you. You huffed and dropped the knife right next to his shoe. "You sneak up behind me again, you're face will be the next knife holder."

Topher chuckled and walked over to you, kicking the knife away. "I see you're fixing the place again, hermosa. Don't overwork yourself."

You stopped what you were doing and turned around to face him. "Can you please stop calling me that?"

"Well, I didn't get a chance to get your name."

"But I'm guessing knowing my name wouldn't matter because you would still continue to call me hermosa."

"True. Because you truly are beautiful." Topher winked. You gave him a kind smile before turning around and placing the dummy back in its original place. "Thank you, but I'm not interested."

"Ah, because you got yourself a boyfriend? Or a girlfriend?"

You shook your head as you chuckled. "I don't have a boyfriend nor a girlfriend, mister. And I don't plan on having one right now."

"So the leader isn't your boyfriend?" Topher asked. "You two seemed a little bit too close."

"That is none of your business." You scoffed. "And we're just friends." You cast a peek at Topher, who was fiddling with some items. "Where's Molly?"

"Ah, she went upstairs to talk to her sister," Topher replied as he picked up a small ornament. "So, I figured I could spend a little time with you. You know, since we're both street kids and I'm pretty sure we could relate to each other."

You took a pause before turning around and looking at Topher with your arms crossed. "What could possibly do we have in common?" You questioned. "The only thing we have in common is that we used to live in the streets."

"We also have powers," Topher added. "We also know that our powers are too dangerous to handle and could either protect or hurt everyone." He approached you slowly while you took a step back. "We used to be alone until we found people we could trust, right?"

"We don't trust you." You corrected.

"I know. But your best friend does. Admit it, we both do have similarities together."

When you felt yourself collide with a wall behind you, you flinched. Topher grinned as he came to a complete halt in front of you, towering above you. "What do you say we get out of here and help you experience the life of being a street kid again?"

As you stared at him, you shook your head. "Being a street kid wasn't fun for me."

"Ah, because you lived in a country that's filled with soldiers, guns, tanks, and missiles. Está bien, hermosa. You're in LA now. You must be missing the adrenaline whenever you have to escape the cops and steal or find food because of hunger."

You slightly scoffed and moved away from Topher. "Even if I miss the feeling, I won't do it with you." You approached a table to re-arrange a few chairs until Topher handed you a stack of DVDs containing sitcoms. You stared down at the DVDs before turning to face him, who was smiling. "I heard you love sitcoms. I do too. I figured you would love these, so I brought these for you."