➛⠀𝟭𝟳 | 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡

You were zoning out while chewing on the strawberries Topher had brought for you. The group gathered in the dining room as they began to eat what Topher had brought for all of you earlier. Molly giggled as she ate one of the slices of bread. "The best thing was when we finally get over the wall, and there you were, holding the computer."

Topher shrugged. "It was all Alex. I was just following his directions." As Alex started working on the computer, Topher cast a glance at him.

"Sorry I gave you such a hard time." Chase expressed his regret to Topher. "You totally came through."

Topher nodded, seemingly accepting Chase's apology. "It's okay, I know how it is. Who can you trust, right?" Topher returned his gaze to Alex, who was suddenly focused on his new phone. "How's the hotspot working?"

"Oh, game-changer." Alex grinned. "I've already started flooding the security at the dig site with multiple spoofed addresses."

Topher smiled. "Keep the phone. I can get another one. No problema. Consider it rent."

Alex smiled back. "Thank you. Seriously, we couldn't have done this without you."

Molly moved her head to the side as she smiled widely. "I told you." She chuckled.

"That's how we roll, right, hermanita?" Topher offered a fist bump to Molly and she gladly bumped her fist with his. "Sí, hermano."

Gert, who was nervously biting her nails, turned to gaze at Topher, who was looking in the mirror. "Do you think we can go back to Atlas Academy and maybe this time we break into the nurse's office?" She proposed. Chase put down his food and gave Gert a worried glance.

In response to Gert's question, Topher shrugged before glancing at you. You got out of your chair and placed the strawberry bag on the table. Nico was nowhere to be found, likely in the room where she had sent you to meet Topher. You glanced at Topher and bit another strawberry before looking away, pretending to tease him.

"Hey, one thing I'm still wondering about," Alex spoke up, causing Topher to turn and face him. "How come your eyes turned yellow?" He asked in curiosity.

You waited for Topher to respond, seeing him exchange glances with Molly, who was also waiting for his response. Topher sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I think it maybe runs in my family. I don't know."

Molly was satisfied with her new friend's response, but Alex gazed at Topher as he walked away. You took a strawberry and walked out of the dining room with Topher. "Hey." You called out with a fake sweet voice. Alex bent the corner of his mouth down when he heard your voice. "Can I talk to you?" You asked Topher.

Topher looked down at you as you tilted your head with a smirk. "Alone?" You asked again as you took a bite of your strawberry. Topher nodded, intrigued with what you were implying, and followed you to the room where Nico instructed you to go.

You sent Topher to Nico's room, where Nico was hiding behind the opened door. As you took one final mouthful of your strawberry, you leaned on Nico's desk. You greeted Topher as he entered the room with a big smile. "You didn't even share a strawberry, hermosa." Topher feigned a frown.

"Ah, it's too sweet to share, hermoso." As you inclined your head to the side, you flashed a flirtatious wink.

"Mind if I have a taste?" Topher asked as he moved closer to you.

"You can have one downstairs." You chuckled.

"I don't need to." Topher bit his lip as he stood in front of you. You looked at him with hooded eyes and gave him a satisfied smirk. Topher didn't wait for a response before dipping down to kiss you, but you pushed him away with a flick of your finger. Topher looked shocked, and the vial Nico flung from the shadows was easily caught by you. "Is this what you were looking for?" You questioned while maintaining your smirk and holding out the vial.