➛⠀𝟯𝟬 | 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗩𝗜𝗘

For whatever reason, you found yourself in the car with your friend except for Karolina. After being attacked at the South Los Angeles Medical Center with a friend, Alex informed you and the rest of the group to gather at Nana B's house. When you and your friends got out of the car, you noticed Alex inside the house.

You spotted an elderly woman chatting to Alex with a baby in her arms, and as soon as she moved away, a girl around your age approached him. Nico was standing alongside you. "I'm guessing that's the friend."

You shrugged while you kept your arms crossed. "She looks sweet. No wonder she and Alex were a thing."

"Yeah, but it was just for a short while."

Nana B did not like anyone except her family near her great-grandson, so Alex came out of the house and instructed everyone to gather by the garage. It wasn't too bad in the garage. In fact, it appeared to be decent and felt like home. It was a simple space in which you felt at ease. As all of you went to the garage, Alex's friend noticed you. You returned her stare before handing Alex his laptop.

Alex took a seat in a chair and turned on his laptop. "Livvie, prepare yourself for your very first ever Alex Wilder insert-trademark-symbol-here mission."

"Are you trying to impress her? Because I don't think it's working." You stated as you sat on the carpeted floor. You raised your eyes to Livvie, who was leaning against the wall. "So can I bail right now, or—" Livvie joked, causing Molly to laugh.

"Or help us take down Darius' real killer, Geoffrey Wilder." Alex corrected as he turned his laptop towards you and the others to show his father's face on the screen. "Now, we know that Darius was killed at the Gordon Hotel, so if I can hack into the surveillance system there and prove it, then we can send my dad to jail for good and clear Darius' name once and for all."

"You would send your own dad to jail?" Livvie was perplexed and asked Alex.

"My dad's a murderer," Alex replied. "He deserved to rot in a cell for the rest of his life."

"So, what's the plan?" You asked.

Alex gave you a quick glance before closing his laptop. "If anyone knows their way around a five-star hotel, it's us." He began explaining. "For once, our old lives are actually gonna help us."

The other nodded in approval as Alex continued to explain. "Here's the deal. Hotel valets are the biggest gossips. They know what you keep in your car and could give a damn about discretion. They'd definitely notice a seventies Rolls drift in, so we leave the car parked on the street away from prying eyes, and preferably... avoid a parking ticket."

You listened intently. "The concierge is the worst," Alex stated as he fixed his eyeglasses. "Bosses the employees, but still an employee themselves, which means a lot of control issues, something to prove. We steer clear of him, or—I feel Gert's eyes boring into my head—her." Gert smirked, causing you to smile. "I'll explain the rest of the plan and answer your questions in the car or at the hotel."

You and your friends rose to your feet and began gathering your belongings. Livvie left you and Alex alone in the garage after she followed your friends out of the garage. Alex grabbed your hand and spun you around before you could get away. "Are you mad at me for not telling who Livvie is?" He asked.

"Maybe." You shrugged.

"Is that why you're meeting with Adam? To have your revenge or something?"

"No, I'm actually meeting him for something important. It's about my sister, Wanda." You answered. "And I'm not missing it just because I'm jealous or anything." You pulled away from him, missing Alex's surprised smile. "You're jealous?" He asked with a smile as he followed you out of the house.