➛⠀𝟯𝟰 | 𝗜𝗥𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟

"Let me talk to you for two minutes." Alex quickly intervened and moved in front of you and the rest of the group to speak with AWOL. "Okay? I'm not—we aren't the enemy." He insisted.

In a fit of irritation, AWOL put his gun down briefly. "You talk too much."

"I was just trying to get your attention."

"And now you got it. Come on." AWOL motioned Alex to join you and the others by pointing the pistol at him. Alex nodded before kneeling down and raising his hands. Your heart started pounding and your blood was boiling as you glanced at the weapons pointing at you and your friends. "I could kill everyone in here right now... and get away with it," AWOL stated to Alex. "You know that, right? Huh?"

Nico signaled you to take action by turning her head to look at you. You took a deep breath and flicked your fingers, taking the guns away from the Strike Team using your powers. AWOL and his men were perplexed as they stood there. When AWOL noticed your eyes were burning red, he looked at you. "What the...?"

Nico came up behind you, and you tilted your head to the side. "You didn't see that coming?" You smirked.

Nico brought out the Staff of One and pointed it at AWOL and his men. "Pause." She used a spell to stop the Strike Team, freezing them in their spots. With the exception of their eyes, AWOL and his squad couldn't move. His gaze fell to Alex. Alongside Molly's eyes flashing yellow and Karolina's arms shimmering, Alex stood intimidatingly with the rest of your friends.

Knowing that the Strike Team would not be moving for a few minutes, you and your friends started to leave the restaurant. You opened the gate abruptly using your powers, startling Livvie when she noticed you were in a grumpy mood. Once all of you got out of the restaurant and walked away from it, Nico dropped the spell off while Chase began to talk. "After everything we've been through, you would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I did not like having a gun held to my head."

"Yeah, me too." You grumbled as you cast a glance towards Chase.

"Alex, I know what happened with Darius was awful, but getting mixed up with these guys is not gonna fix it." Karolina calmly scolded Alex.

"Agree." Nico nodded. "Alex, no more fishing, okay? We're dropping this. We'll take down our parents another way."

"Or... maybe we just move on," Chase suggested. "We let it all go, we focus on the future."

You locked your gaze on Alex as he shot a glance towards Livvie. You knew he was planning something on his mind, but you were too angry and stressed to say anything. Alex's gaze landed on you, and he caught a glimpse of your glare. Alex sighed. "Can we talk?" He asked directly to you.

You pressed your lips together before walking away. Livvie stayed with the others as Alex followed you from behind. You faced Alex with tears welling up in your eyes once the two of you were far enough from your friends. "Okay, now talk." You told him as you crossed your arms.

"If I say sorry now, I know you wouldn't forgive me that easily," Alex replied as he looked down. "But I'm still gonna say sorry."

You averted your gaze and looked at your friends, who were discussing things with Livvie. "I'm sure they didn't mind, and I'm probably exaggerating about this." You said. "It's pretty fucked up that you told Livvie about the plan instead of me and the rest of the group."

Alex lowered his head down in shame while you continued talking. "But there were fucking guns aiming at us earlier. It's a miracle we were prepared when we arrived." You didn't let any of your tears fall down as you told yourself that you were done crying. "After what happened a while ago, Alex, AWOL is not going to stop. And I'm sure you're devising a strategy to convince him to join us because we all know you can't move on that easily."