➛⠀𝟭𝟲 | 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗔𝗧 𝗔𝗧𝗟𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗬

You and your friends, as well as Topher, arrived near the Atlas Academy grounds and took cover behind the bricked wall. Alex and Gert stood against the rusted metal table, peering out the wall to see a few students outside the school. "Okay." Alex breathed. "We got 15 minutes while everybody's in all-school assembly."

Gert gasped in realization. "I even miss all-school assembly." She stated before leaping down the table with Alex and receiving assistance from Chase. To give Topher instructions, Alex faced him. "Once you're inside, straight down the hallway. Then go up to the second floor."

"Take the main staircase," Molly added.

Nico glanced at Molly unsurely. "Shouldn't he take the side stairs?"

"Then he'll run into the Vape Team," Chase answered as he looked down at Nico.

"The kids with vape pens," Gert added.

Molly rolled her eyes in disgust. "Oh, they're so annoying." She scoffed before quoting a phrase from the Vape Team. "Sick clouds, brah."

Alex shook his head. "You guys, stop." He scolded calmly before looking back at Topher. "First door to your right is the computer lab. Back of the room, there's a wood cabinet. Inside is a safe. 19-3-26, right, left—" Alex interrupted his own sentence. "Give me your phone, I'll write it down."

Topher obliged and handed Alex his phone, drawing Alex's attention to Topher's arm. Alex gave Topher a quick glance before picking up his phone and typing down his additional instructions. Alex handed the phone back to Topher once he was finished. "Do not speak to anyone." He warned.

"Not that anyone here has anything to say," Nico added.

"It's not that bad, Nico," Chase remarked.

"It's not that good either," Gert replied.

Alex maintained his look to Topher. "Got it?"

"I survived foster care, no?" Topher smirked. "I think I can handle a bunch of fresas."

"Fresas. It means spoiled rich kids." Molly informed the group.

Gert cocked an eyebrow. "Like us?"

"Like we used to be." Molly corrected. You frowned as you leaned against the bricked wall. "Aww, I thought it means strawberries. Now I'm craving one right now."

Topher chuckled. "If you want strawberries, you could've just asked, hermosa. I'll get one for you after all of this is over." He winked at you before climbing the wall to enter the Academy, leaving you and the rest of the group behind. Alex looked down at you after rolling his eyes at Topher's statement. "Really? Strawberries?"

You pouted at him and shrugged. "What? Is there something wrong?"

Alex shook his head as he climbed back up to the table, this time with you and the rest of the group watching Topher enter the school. "I can get you strawberries." He murmured softly. Nico tapped your back and swung her head to the side, signifying that the two of you should speak. You jumped down from the table and moved a few steps away from the rest of the team to follow Nico. "What is it?" You asked.

"Remember the vial we saw that Topher used last night?" Nico asked, and you responded with a nod. "Well, he clearly likes you, and I need you to entice him into a room. I took the vial, but we can put on a show for him. We can figure out what his secret is and what his real intentions are."

You blinked twice, then frowned and scratched the back of your head. "Uh, Nico, just so you know, I suck at flirting. I'm a babbling mess."

"You're only a bumbling mess around Alex." Nico retorted. You gave her a look but kept your mouth shut as Nico proceeded to speak. "Don't worry, I'll tell you which room you can go to. I'll be there, I promise."