➛⠀𝟮𝟴 | 𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗖 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗘𝗥

After the events of the previous night, you were surprised at how easily you fell asleep. But after you tried to stop Jonah's ship from causing more damage, you were too exhausted and you needed sleep. The last thing you remembered was falling asleep in the car as everyone headed back home, leaving PRIDE and Jonah's dead body behind on the construction site.

You fluttered your eyes open and saw the ceiling of your room. You didn't want to get out of bed, but you needed to check on your friends is they were okay. You turned your head to the side when you heard a knock and the door opened, revealing Alex. "Hey." He greeted. "Did you sleep well?"

You sat up and sighed. "I guess so." You replied. "I actually woke up earlier, had a bath, and then went back to sleep." You stifled a laugh. "I didn't have a proper sleep in the past few nights and, surprisingly, I didn't have any dreams today."

"Well, that's good... I guess." Alex approached you with a smile as he walked into your room. "How's your head?"

"Good." You raised your hand to pat the back of your head until you winced, prompting Alex to spring forward to check on you. "Ow. Okay, maybe not." You chuckled sheepishly.

"Why would you even pat your head to check your injury?" Alex scolded you a little as he climbed into your bed and examined the back of your head. His concern made you blush a little. "You had me worried sick last night."

As Alex pulled away and sat in front of you, you stared at him in surprise. "You... you were worried sick about me?"

Alex nodded. "Well, yeah. You were using your powers to stop a massive ship from destroying California. That's dangerous."

You shrugged as you smiled at him. "It's all worth it if it means I get to sacrifice myself to save all of you."

As he touched your hands, Alex shook his head. "No, no, no. I don't want you to sacrifice yourself, okay? I don't want to lose you and I'm not going to lose you."

You stared at Alex in shock as he glanced down, rethinking his life choices all of a sudden. He huffed. "Why am I so talkative?" He grumbled to himself. Alex returned your stare while adjusting his eyeglasses. "Remember when I said... about surviving and telling you something?"

You nodded silently and Alex nodded back. "Okay, so, um..." He stammered as he returned his attention to your hands, gently caressing your knuckles with his thumbs. "The reason why... I sort of became protective of you and starting hanging out with you more recently is because..." He gulped. "I like you."

Alex's confession rendered you speechless, and you thought you'd stopped breathing. Alex continued with his confession. "And... I think I like you for a really long time, but... I was in denial. It took me a while to realize it until I started working for Darius."

'No, no. This can't be real.' You thought to yourself in panic. 'Is this real? This is too good to be real. If this is just a dream, just wake me up.'

"And this isn't a dream, in case you're wondering."

'Fuck.'

Alex locked his gaze on you as you sought to digest his confession into your mind. The voice in your head was eerily quieter than usual, which made you feel relieved but also anxious. "(Y/n)?" Alex asked, shaking your hand to bring you back to reality.

"Surely, I must be dreaming, right?" You nervously chuckled as tears welled up in your eyes. "No way can this be real. I've had these kinds of dreams before and I'm not falling for them again."

Alex suddenly felt bad after hearing your words. He couldn't tell you what was going on in your dreams, so he shook his head and stroked your cheeks to reassure you. "No, no. This is real. I promise. I'm sorry if this feels like one of your dreams, I assure you this one isn't."