➛⠀𝟬𝟱 | 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫'𝗦 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗝𝗢𝗕

"I swear, Pietro, if you try that shit again with (Y/n), I will turn you into a pickled herring."

You softly laughed as you watched the illusions of Pietro and Wanda interacting. You used illusions to recreate a memory. You couldn't sleep properly because you were afraid of experiencing another nightmare. When you first met Pietro and Wanda, you swished your fingers and modified the illusion. As the illusions smiled broadly at you, you grinned longingly. They appeared to be present. However, your illusions could be persuasive enough to be real and true.

When the ground began to shake, you lost focus. Your illusions unexpectedly shifted to a moment when Novi Grad was struck by a massive earthquake and you were trapped beneath the ruins. You sat up and realized that your friends were also getting up. Molly scanned the area. "What's happening?"

"Earthquake!" Chase exclaimed.

You stood motionless, staring at the illusions of Pietro and Wanda attempting to assist you.

"Help! I'm trapped!"

You grabbed your fists on each side of your head as your head began to throb. "Oh, my God!" You heard Wanda's yell. "(Y/n)!"

"You're okay, (Y/n)." You heard Pietro's voice of reassurance once again. "Do you hear me?"

"I don't wanna die..." You whispered as you shut your eyes close.

"You're gonna be fine, I promise..."

"(Y/n)!" Alex, Nico, and Chase yelled collectively at you to get your attention. They had already exited the room to seek safety, but you remained stuck on the ground, your illusions replaying what had occurred on your last day in Novi Grad.

In the room, Gert and Molly were still there with you. Gert dragged you beneath a table to hide, but Molly and the others noticed a pillar sliding down. "Gert! (Y/n)!" Molly rushed towards you and her adoptive sister.

Chase shook his head. "Molly, no!"

Your eyes popped open, and you leaped to your feet, raising your arm to use your powers to prevent the pillar from crushing Gert. You extended your arm even more and restored the pilar back to its place. Gert peeked her head out. "Holy shit, that was close." She breathed.

When the earthquake subsided, Alex, Nico, and Chase dashed over to you, Molly, and Gert. Alex exhaled deeply. "We're safe. We survived."

You suddenly sensed something and you immediately turned and used your powers to catch a falling broken chandelier. The group flinched in surprise but they were relieved that the object didn't crash. You gently placed it on the ground. Chase looked up as the others gathered behind you. "This place held, though."

Old Lace came to Gert's side, and Gert comforted her by petting her dinosaur. "For now."

Nico soon discovered that someone was absent from the group. "Wait, guys..." She called out. "Where's Karolina?"

Alex shook his head. "We don't know. I saw her last night with you."

Nico stayed when she discovered you weren't moving, while the others moved to separate sections of the mansion. "(Y/n)?"

As you stared down at the shattered chandelier in front of you, you stayed still and silent. Nico blinked her eyes and slowly approached cautiously. "(Y/n), come on. We have to find Karo—"

When Nico reached out to you, you instantly grabbed her arm. You stared her down, your face and eyes were dull. Your eyes were turning red and blue, with the red being more noticeable. "(Y/n), it's just me." Nico reassured. "The earthquake is over. You're safe."