➛⠀𝟬𝟴 | 𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡 𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗

You took out your burner phone and stared at Alex's contact name. "The Angry Nerd." You chuckled to yourself. "God, I suck at nicknames."

You intended to call Alex and tell him about what transpired at the Minoru Mansion. You closed your phone and slid it back into your pocket since you didn't want to bother him. To prevent suspicion, you wore your jacket's hood up and avoided some people.

Turning to a corner, you gasped loudly when you saw a man suddenly passing by with white-colored hair, too similar to Pietro's. But it wasn't Pietro; instead, it was an unknown and ordinary man. Before going on his way, the man gave you an odd glance. As you accelerated your speed, you shoved your hands into your pockets. In the last few days, all you could see was your dead brother's face, which troubled and disturbed you.

You located a convenience store close after a few more walks. You walked into the business with your head bowed to avoid being seen by the surveillance cameras. You were just looking for cup noodles and canned items when you dropped a cheap protein shake for Chase. You were grateful to Alex for providing you with sufficient funds to feed the group.

You knelt to pick up the protein shake until someone in front of you offered assistance. When you glanced at the stranger, you realized he was no stranger at all. 'Oh, my God...' When the young man in front of you stared right back at you, your eyes widened.

"(Y/n)?"

"Adam?"

Adam grinned as he stood up with you and pulled you into a hug. You were caught by surprise, but you hugged him back, relieved to see a familiar face once more. "I heard the news!" Adam exclaimed as he pulled away. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? How are you holding up?"

You blinked your eyes in surprise. "Wait... you just said you heard the news and now you're worried about...?"

"You, of course!" Adama stifled a chuckle. "I said I heard the news but I didn't say I believed what the news said." He glanced at your hair and his smile grew bigger. "Nice hair color."

You cocked an eyebrow. "Sorry?"

"Your hair. It went lighter from the last time we saw each other."

You caressed your fingers through each strand of hair as you looked down. "Oh... I didn't even know it went lighter."

"You didn't do it on purpose?" Adam gasped. "I thought you dyed your hair so the police wouldn't recognize you—"

When the shop owner walked around the isles, you swiftly placed your palm around Adam's mouth to keep him quiet. You breathed a sigh of relief and moved away from Adam once the owner entered the backroom. "Sorry."

"No, it's okay." Adam smiled. He lowered his gaze to the small shopping basket containing a few foods inside. "That's all you're going to buy?"

"Well, we don't have enough money to spend, so..."

Adam took your hand in his and assisted you in standing up, removing the shopping basket from your grip. "I'll pay for it."

Your eyes widened as you quickly shook your head in protest. "No, no, no." You dashed over to Adam, who continued to stuff the basket with additional food. "No, I won't let you. You don't have to pay—"

"Hey." Adam faced you and gave you a warm smile. "It's okay. Seeing you okay is a great relief to me so the least I could do to help you is to make sure you and your friends eat a lot." He approached the cashier and paid for the entire contents of the basket. "Besides, if this is the last time we'll see each other, I want to make it worth it. Count it as a date even." He winked.