➛⠀𝟭𝟭 | 𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗟𝗘𝗫

Nico had returned to her room while you went on your own, staring into your reflection. Your gaze grew intense as you glared heavily at the mirror in front of you that you noticed your eyes started glowing red once more. You scowled and slumped back into your bed, panting heavily. 'I don't understand...' You thought to yourself.

After talking to yourself in your head, you expected an answer or a response, but there was none. You sat up and crossed your legs, puzzled as to what had happened to the voice of an unknown woman within your thoughts. When you returned your gaze to the mirror, you noticed Pietro's reflection staring back at you, his eyes filling with blood. You let out a loud gasp and averted your gaze, holding your pillow for support and closing your eyes.

"(Y/n)..." Someone called your name in hushed tones. Someone said your name in a voice that was all too familiar to you. "(Y/n)..." You could feel it behind your ear as he whispered louder, sending thrills up your spine.

"Why didn't you save me?" The voice asked. You tried covering your ears, but it was ineffective. "You just watched me die..."

You slowly opened your eyes and locked eyes with dead Pietro staring right into your soul. As you maintained eye contact with your deceased sibling, your breathing became heavier. Because you weren't using your powers, you knew it wasn't an illusion. However, you were well aware that this was a ruse. Someone was attempting to scare you, and they were rather successful.

"(Y/N)!" You flinched and covered your head for safety as your dead adoptive brother yelled. You expected anything to attack or hurt you, but all you got was a buzzing phone next to you, which made you jump slightly. You instantly checked your phone, saw Alex calling, and placed your palm on top of your chest. As the ringing persisted, you stared at your phone for a second.

With a big huff, you accepted the call and hugged your pillow closer. "What is it?" You asked quietly, still shaken from the encounter of the illusion, or maybe even a ghost, of Pietro. You waited for Alex to respond. "Alex?" You asked softly, becoming concerned when he remained silent.

"So, where's Mom?" You heard Alex ask. You furrowed your brows in bewilderment until you heard the engine of a car. When you heard Geoffrey Wilder's voice next to Alex's, your eyes widened. "She's meeting us in Van Nuys. At the airport."

"Fuck." You whispered before ending the call and throwing your pillow away as you left your room. Nico emerged from her chamber with her Staff of One just as you were leaving. Your adoptive sister saw your frightened expression. "What's wrong?"

"They're kidnapping Alex." Nico's eyes widened as a result of what you said. After finishing their tasks, the rest of the team gathered in the main hall. You leaned against the rails, your gaze falling on your friends. "Gear up! We need to save Alex. He's being kidnapped."

"By who?" You heard Karolina ask, who rushed into the main hall after hearing your announcement.

"By his own parents."You responded while wearing your red oversized jacket. As they prepared, the team grabbed their belongings and valuables. Chase shifted his gaze to you and Nico. "Is it really kidnapping if they're his parents?"

"Seeing as they are teen-murdering sociopaths, I'd say yes," Gert replied to Chase's question.

Nico fixed her jacket as she faced you and her friends. "We've got to stop them."

Chase furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What's with the 180? You were just leading the charge on Team Alex Sucks Ass."

You gave Chase a strange look while Nico nodded. "He does, but he needs our help."

Karolina crossed her arms as she smiled at Nico. "It's okay to admit that you care about him." She reassured Nico. "I do."

Chase chuckled. "I kinda miss his square head and chicken legs."