➛⠀𝟮𝟯 | 𝗟𝗘𝗙𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧

You walked into the hostel and noticed your friends standing near the main hall as if they had only arrived a few minutes before you. When they turned around, they noticed you walking nearby. You noticed a gap between Chase and Gert, so you assumed they must have gotten into an argument. Gert also appeared to be feeling better, so you figured she had received her medication.

Your gaze fell on Molly, who hastily averted her gaze, a look of guilt and hesitancy on her face. Molly realized that her words had wounded your heart right after she went away last night. Because of her own rage, Molly forgot and became blind to how you also had to deal with witnessing someone close to you be crushed before. She had also heard your screams, but she couldn't bear herself to face you just yet.

"Glad for you to join..." Chase spoke up. "...a little too late, though."

As you came to a halt from walking, you clutched the sleeve of your jacket. 'Uh-oh, looks like they did something, and you were left out again.' You pursed your lips and fixed your focus on Gert. "You look okay now..." You said softly.

Gert nodded. "I got my meds..." She replied, her eyes falling on Chase, who was still angry at her. "...by calling his mom."

As he placed his laptop on his desk, Alex adjusted his eyeglasses. "How's your date?" He asked, completely uninterested in Adam but eager to learn what had happened between you two.

You sighed. "It's not a date."

"You went on a date?" Gert questioned incredulously. "While we're on a mission? That explains why you didn't show up for the meeting earlier. We assumed you were just in your room."

Your eyes widened as you stood there dumbfounded. "You—what? Hold on, what did you guys do?"

Karolina took a quick peek around the room before looking at you apologetically. "We tried to stop Jonah from healing himself. He was taking someone to sacrifice and he held it in the Church. Turns out he kidnapped Alex's dad."

You turned your head to gaze at Alex as you pondered Karolina's words. "I-Is your dad okay?"

As an answer, Alex nodded quietly. You locked your gaze on Nico. "You and Alex knew where I was going... and you didn't try to call me?"

Nico sighed. "I didn't want to bother you and besides, we had it under control."

'Useless.' You winced as you took a step back, startling your friends, especially Alex, who dropped his façade. "(Y/n)?" He asked in sudden worry. He knew he couldn't stay irritated at you just because he was jealous of your meeting with Adam. You will always be one of his top priorities.

'Selfish.' You shook your head as you walked towards the stairs. "I-I'm fine." As you took a step up the stairwell, you smiled reassuringly at your friends. "I'm really sorry if I wasn't able to join you guys earlier. I'm glad you guys stopped Jonah. Just.. excuse me for one second." Your friends were stunned and perplexed as you ran up the stairs and into your room.

Nico quietly cursed to herself while Molly looked down in worry. Karolina placed her hand on Nico's shoulder. "I'll talk to her." She reassured Nico before going up the stairs to follow you.

Karolina opened your door and found you breathing heavily by your desk, fists clenched as well as your eyes shut closed. When you heard footsteps, you raised one of your fists up and pointed it towards Karolina in defense. Karolina noticed your glassy eyes glowing and psionic energy radiating from your fists. "It's me," Karolina reassured you with a soothing voice as she took a step closer.

You stared at her with wide eyes before lowering your fist and powering down. "What are you doing here?" Your question wasn't meant to be in a harsh tone, but you were incredibly frustrated and didn't mean to come across as an arrogant jerk.