➛⠀𝟯𝟭 | 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦' 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗥

Alex didn't seem to bother when you finally slept off. He was pleased that you had finally given up and taken a break. Before starting his work, he gave you a gentle pat on the head. Livvie had just awoken a few minutes ago and smirked when she saw how close you were to Alex.

Alex kept his focus fixed on his laptop screen, and he soon gained access to the hotel's security cameras. "Guys, I'm in!" He accidentally yelled out loud, causing you to jolt awake in a panic. "Shit. Sorry, sorry." He whispered to you apologetically and planted a quick kiss on the side of your head, completely forgetting that Livvie was in the room.

Alex moved to the bed to let Livvie see the laptop and you followed sleepily, sitting just next to Alex on the other side. "Hey! I'm in." He called out to his friends. You and Livvie looked at Chase and Gert and saw them wearing robes after they entered the bedroom. "Someone got comfortable," Livvie commented, causing Alex to turn away from his computer and look at his two friends.

"Trust me, it was necessary for the mission." Chase sighed as he placed his hands lightly on his lips. "Otherwise..."

"Do you want me to throw something of yours into the chocolate?" Gert snapped, glaring at Chase in annoyance. "I hear Fistigons pair very nicely."

When Livvie detected someone on Alex's laptop, she was caught off guard. "Oh, wait, there. Play it." She told Alex and he obliged, playing the video. "It's Darius."

Chase's eyes widened. "Oh wait, you found him? Let me see." He and Gert took a seat next to Livvie, watching the video on Alex's laptop. You had all been paying attention to the video until it began to glitch, indicating that it had been tampered with. "No," Alex whispered. "No, it can't be gone."

"Of course, PRIDE would Nixon the shit out of this," Gert grumbled.

Alex shook his head. "No, there's gotta be another feed, okay? Something. There's gotta be another way to prove that my dad was here."

"Have you checked the lobby?" You asked in a tired voice, earning a few looks from your friends. "Like the other cameras? I noticed a few boutiques and people who walked in would have to go through the lobby. Maybe—"

"They have their own cameras. Yes!" He snuck a kiss on your cheek, causing Gert and Chase's eyes to grow wide while Livvie grinned. You swear you felt your spirit leave for a brief second before becoming completely awake as a result of his slight move, which prompted you to nudge him to the side. Alex gazed at his friends as he froze for a moment. "I got overwhelmed." He quickly said his excuse before checking the other cameras for more footage.

"Way to steal the credit right out of the girl's mouth." Gert scolded Alex. "The man-terruption phenomenon in action."

Chase immediately came to defend Alex. "Or he was just being cute and excited to finish her—"

"Don't start with me." Gert scolded Chase as well.

Alex was eventually able to find footage from the lobby. "Okay, here we go." He stated. "Alright, anyone walking through the lobby will have had to have passed through this window."

Alex increased the speed of the video and quickly returned it to normal when he saw a familiar face. "Detective Flores... the cop on PRIDE's payroll."

"And AWOL..." Livvie identified when she saw another man behind Detective Flores. "...the guy who shot at us today."

"Looks like they're waiting for someone." You muttered.

Alex nodded. "Yeah, my dad." He replied. "Let's make sure we got it on tape, then we can go."

As the video continued, a woman arrived—a woman Alex was all too familiar with—shaking hands with Detective Flores. Gert gasped in shock. "Holy shit." She said. "Alex."