➛⠀𝟮𝟵 | 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗙𝗙

Alex told everyone else that he was going outside to have some fresh air before heading to sleep to prevent any suspicions. In truth, he was in the room with you, cuddling you from behind as the two of you fell asleep in each other's arms and warmth. Last night, while Nico and Karolina fought, you and Alex spoke all night and spent the night together. He opened his eyes when he heard your nibbling on your pillow's pillowcase, causing him to chuckle and tore the pillow away from you. "Pillows are for sleeping, not eating," Alex whispered before pecking your cheek.

When you opened your eyes, you could feel his arms around your torso. It still felt surreal to have Alex as your boyfriend now. It feels like yesterday you were just crushing over him and now, you were in his arms on your bed. When he noticed your drowsy face, you turned your body slightly to look at him and watched his lips curve into a smile. "Morning." Alex greeted as he placed a peck on your cheek again. "Had a good rest?"

"Mhm..." You hummed in reply as you fully turned your body to face him. You slightly curled yourself with your arms glued to your chest as you leaned your head on his chin. "How about you?" You asked sleepily, your eyelids slightly dropping.

"I did." He whispered as he caressed his thumbs on your back. "You didn't have any dreams or nightmares?"

"Yeah..." You replied before you fell asleep again. Alex quietly giggled and pulled you closer, his chin resting on top of your head. He checked his burner phone to see what time it was. "Oh, shit." He muttered before carefully slipping himself away from you. Alex placed a quick kiss on your lips before getting out of your room quietly so no one would notice him.

Alex took a shower and began dressing up. He and Chase intended to go out and purchase some groceries. Although the gang still had some money, everyone knew that they need to save money in order to survive. Alex emerged from his room and saw Chase coming out of the dining room. After their disagreement about Gert using Chase's mother to get her medications from the hospital, Chase and Gert were still sleeping in separate rooms.

"Morning, man." Chase greeted his friend. "You ready to go?" He asked. Alex nodded and walked over to the garage with Chase.

As soon as you ou opened your eyes, you found yourself hugging a pillow and realized Alex had already left. When you sat up and looked around your room, you scrubbed your eyes. Your phone rang before you could even get out of bed. You pulled out your burner phone and noticed that Adam had sent you a message.

Adam:
I found more information about your sister.
Can we meet?

As you looked at your door, you bit your lower lip. You let out a sigh and started typing your message.

(Y/n):
Sure. The usual spot?

Adam:
Yeah. See you in two days.

You took a shower and changed into new clothes. You got out of your room and passed by Gert's room to see Gert, Molly, and Nico inside. Molly gave you a wave as a greeting as you leaned against the doorframe. Nico looked at herself in the mirror while Gert talked about applying to college. "Look, okay, I'm just applying." She began explaining. "And, you know, with Jonah gone, maybe things are just gonna calm down."

Gert's gaze caught yours on the doorstep, and you exchanged a glance with her when she mentioned Jonah when Nico was still visibly disturbed from the previous night. Molly also gave a look towards her adoptive sister, causing Gert to clear her throat. "Um, I don't mean Jonah being dead, or you having made him dead by killing him, is calm, exactly." She rambled, trying to ease the tension, but failing miserably as Nico stopped applying her eyeshadow.

Molly closed her eyes for a brief moment while you shook your head. Gert, on the other hand, continued to explain herself. "I just mean I'm not—I'm not taking any sides." She looked at Nico sympathetically. "I heard you and Karolina fighting earlier. Sorry."