➛⠀𝟮𝟰 | 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗛'𝗦 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡

"Alex?" You went down the stairs to pay Alex a visit, but his room was vacant. You pushed your lower lip out, pouting as you wondered where your friend could be. You returned to the top floor, searching for Alex. " Alex?" You called out once again.

You entered the room after seeing a door partially open and found Alex conversing with a restrained Geoffrey Wilder. Alex's father was being held captive by Alex in a storage room. Your eyes widened with surprise as Geoffrey turned his attention to you."Oh, shit ." You gasped. "Sorry! Sorry, Mr. Wilder and, er, Alex—"

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked as he walked away from his father and approached you. "You didn't knock?"

"I saw the door was open, so I wondered that you were here." You responded while looking over at Geoffrey's plate of food near him. "If your father's movements are limited, how does he eat?"

"He doesn't let me eat. And my head is pounding." Geoffrey grumbled, earning a roll of eyes from his son. You frowned at Alex. "Okay, I know our parents are assholes, but not allowing your father to eat is ridiculous."

"(Y/n)—" Alex was about to stop you, however, you stepped aside to help Geoffrey. You took the plate and sat down where Alex had sat. "Mr. Wilder, I'll only assist you in eating because I know Alex won't allow me to set you free."

Geoffrey raised his eyes to his son, who was intently observing you. "You should be like her sometimes." He remarked to Alex.

Before you could pick up the spoon, Alex grabbed the plate, placed it next to Geoffrey, and yanked you away. Alex shut the door after dragging you out of the room. As he faced you, Alex groaned in exasperation. "How can you be so nice at a time like this?" He asked. "And you just have to be nice in front of my father."

"I actually have no idea." You replied as you nervously smiled. "Besides, your father was placed in one of the boxes that could strengthen Jonah. We could at least feed him or provide him some food. And maybe I'm trying to make it up to you?"

"Make it up to me? Why?"

"Well, you're clearly irritated that I'm meeting with Adam. Additionally, I was also absent for the duration of the mission, so..."

Alex sighed as he let your wrist go. "You don't have to do that. My parents are the reason why Darius is dead. And may I remind you that our parents killed fifteen runaways." He said before exhaling deeply. "Look, I'm sorry for not calling about the mission. I should've called you when I had the chance. So you were able to get away from him..." He mumbled his final sentence, making it nearly impossible for you to hear it.

"What?"

"You're here now." Alex smiled as he grabbed your shoulders, ignoring your question. "That's all that matters." He thought for a moment as he stared at you. "You're not... going to meet Adam again, are you?"

As Alex let go of your shoulders, you shrugged. "Not sure yet. I told him to contact me if he ever heard any news from Wanda. Good ones, I hope."

Alex frowned in response to your statement. "I thought we were supposed to do that."

"I know, but you're already busy and occupied with the dig site and taking down PRIDE, so I didn't want to add more to your problems." You explained. "It's fine."

Alex let out a sigh before nodding. "Fine." He huffed. "Come on, I need to tell you and everyone about something." He grasped your hand in his and dragged you downstairs with him. As your cheeks warmed up, you gazed down at his hand.

Everyone was already assembled in a circle in the main hall, much to your and Alex's astonishment. You spotted Nico, who was gloomy, standing next to Karolina, who was nervous and unsure. "Okay, listen up," Alex spoke as he let go of your hand. "I just learned some critical information from my dad."