➛⠀𝟬𝟯 | 𝗔 𝗪𝗜𝗖𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗟

As you arrived at the meeting location where Alex had instructed earlier in the morning, Molly was still holding on to you. The six of you came to a complete stop. "This is where Alex told us to... meet him." You croaked out, unable to speak properly.

Chase gazed around the homeless and runaways in the area. "If all these people can survive out here, so can we."

When the dinosaur began growling quietly, you turned your head to Old Lace. Karolina locked her gaze on Gert and the dinosaur. "How's Old Lace holding up?" She asked.

"She's great." Gert forced a smile. "She's really settling in. She's actually quite the Dumpster connoisseur, and if I'm calm, then she's calm."

Chase turned his head to Gert. "You don't seem calm."

Gert snapped her head towards Chase in annoyance. "That's a really helpful thing to say to someone while they're trying to be chill so that their psychically-linked dinosaur doesn't freak out, which would be so much easier if I had my meds," Gert stopped rambling for a moment to take a deep breath. "But they're in my room, which is next to my parents' room, who, just if we need a little reminder, tend to murder people."

"So, what you're saying is you're not calm?" Chase asked Gert. "Um, there's a whole tone I'm trying to follow."

"I can't believe we left Graciela," Molly grumbled, sniffing as she wiped her tears away. "She at least deserved a funeral."

Nico looked at Molly and nodded. "She's gonna get one." She held Molly's hand snd gave her a reassuring smile.

The six of you resumed your stroll, passing by the people and tents that had gathered around the area. You looked around the place and you felt a pang in your chest when you realized how this place was too much similar to what you had seen back in Sokovia. Since their homes were cruelly demolished by missiles and soldiers, homeless Sokovian individuals have taken refuge in tents or boxes. You grabbed Molly even tighter and turned away from the crowd.

Nico began gathering items for Graciela's small funeral, such as candles, books, and fruits. She grabbed Graciela's wallet and took out her ID, which she placed on top of a book. Molly drew back from you as she observed Nico at work. "It's Wiccan tradition," Nico explained. Molly crouched down beside Nico as your sister continued explaining. "The candle can be adorned with anything that resonates with the energy of the deceased. Then we add our own offerings."

Nico rummaged through her bag and heard the train passing by. Nico removed a ring from her pocket and placed it on the book next to Graciela's ID. Molly followed along and offered one of her bracelets. You took out one of your earrings and placed it down next to Nico's ring. Chase placed a few flowers down, Gert offered one of her jacket pins, and Karolina placed one of her rings on the table as well.

"As we all come from the goddess..." Nico began the Wiccan funeral ceremony with a speech. "...to experience life in death... so shall we return to her to experience peace."

Nico briefly paused her speech as the five of you stood calmly, except for Molly, who was still on the ground, when passers-by saw what was going on and began contributing what they had. Nico inhaled deeply and resumed her speech. "By the element of Earth, you were grounded in the physical world. By the element of Air, you were open to knowledge and communication."

You saw more folks offer a couple extra things out of courtesy and respect. Molly was astonished. "By the element of Fire..." Nico continued. "...you were inspired with passion. By the element of Water, you could dream your dreams."

Nico took a candle and stretched it forward, continuing her speech. "So now, by Earth, by Air, by Fire, by Water, shall you pass to the next stage of your existence." Nico knelt down with the candle in her hand and whispered to Molly. "Molly... you want to say something?"

Molly silently nodded and stood up with Nico. "I..." Molly began talking. "I didn't really get a chance to know her that well, but she was kind to me... and she gave me a chance to see my parents again, if only for... a little while."

Molly sucked in a deep inhale. "She was the last blood relative I had... and now she's gone." Molly broke down to tears once more. "Everything's been taken away from me. I have no one."

As her words sank into your heart and mind, you lowered your head. Nico placed her hand on Molly's back as you and the others walked toward her. "You have us." Nico stretched her arm once again to show the candle as Gert wrapped her arm around Molly's shoulder to soothe her. "Merry we meet, and merry we part... until we meet again." A tear rolled down Nico's cheek, and she blew the fire from the candle.

People returned to their work after the ceremony, and the group was momentarily divided up. Molly remained in the same spot, alone in her grief. While thoughts raced through your mind, you gazed distantly at Graciela's small memorial on the ground. 'Did Pietro have a funeral? And if he did... I wasn't there.'

You stared down at your feet with your arms crossed. You wanted Molly to have some space to grieve because you hadn't had that experience. Since you were forced to flee Novi Grad, you couldn't mourn when you watched Pietro being crushed. You knew you couldn't take another death, especially if it was someone close to you. Pietro's death felt like a piece of you was taken away so soon, as if he were your biological brother.

When you saw Alex finally arrive, lugging hefty plastic bags, you looked up. You groaned and shook your head. You chose to put your feelings for him aside until everything was over, knowing that they wouldn't matter. You and your friends have more pressing issues to address and resolve.

When Alex noticed Gert on the ground where Molly had been, he sighed. "Found you guys." He exhaled. You and the others approached Alex who showed the bags. "I, uh, got us some tents, sleeping bags, couple of cheap burner phones."

Nico cracked a smile. "You bought all of this?"

Alex nodded. "Uh, yes. Well, some of it was on sale, but, yes." He looked at you and winked. "Looks like I scavenged a lot more than you."

As you pulled one of the bags from his grip, you attempted a grin. "I didn't know it was a competition, Wilder." You said before walking away. Nico, Gert, and Karolina followed you after taking the bags from Alex. Alex blinked in surprise. "Okay." He said in disbelief. "You're welcome."

You were walking towards Molly when you noticed Pietro sprinting away from the unconcerned crowd. Ignoring Nico's calls, you dropped the bag and dashed towards him. "(Y/n)!" Nico called out.

You ran as fast as you could, but you remembered Pietro's speed even before he got powers. "Damn you." You hissed as you excused yourself from the crowd. "Pietro!" You yelled at him, but he continued to run. "Pietro!" You yelled. 'Is he even real?'

You got away from the crowds, but you had to stop sprinting when you lost sight of him. Your palms rested on your knees as you panted deeply. You then realized you were on a train track, and an approaching train was speeding towards you.

"(Y/N)!"

Chase and Alex, who luckily located you, immediately hauled you away from the railway. You stood there watching the train pass by, the train that had almost killed you. You were lying on the ground with Chase and Alex, with Alex's arms wrapped around your torso. Nico and the other girls dashed over to you and the boys. People wanted to be around you and your friends, but they didn't want to get embroiled in your troubles, so they kept their feet on the ground.

"Jesus, (Y/n)!" Alex gasped. "What the hell was that?"

You stared straight ahead, trying to comprehend how Pietro had vanished from your sight so quickly. "I-I saw..." You stammered as you shakily gestured your finger to the horizon. "I know I saw him... h-he... he—"

As you struggled to complete what you were attempting to say, tears flowed down your face. Alex took you into his arms to attempt to calm you down when he saw how terrified you were from shock. "Shh, you're okay. It's over."

"I saw him. I saw him. I saw him. I saw him..." You continued on muttering as your body trembled. Karolina touched Nico's shoulder with her hand. "We have to make a tent real quick to let her rest."