➛⠀𝟭𝟰 | 𝗧𝗢𝗣𝗛𝗘𝗥'𝗦 𝗕𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡

As you walked out of your room, you rubbed your eyes sleepily, expecting to see Topher downstairs with plastic bags full of food. You blinked a few times as you realized you and your friends had reluctantly agreed to let Topher stay at the mansion. 'Oh, right...' You watched Molly follow Topher into the dining room.

Gert had already informed everyone that Topher had escaped through a made-up tunnel in his room. He was presumed to have gotten away by the group. As you glanced down at the dining room, your friends approached you. "Did you find him?" Karolina asked.

"He's in the dining room with Molly." You informed. Chase, Alex, and Nico rolled their eyes in dismay. The rest nodded at each other and walked down the stairs while you followed behind. When you turned around, you noticed Alex had no braids in his hair. "You put your hair back?" You asked.

Alex looked at you. "You said you liked my hair before." He shrugged before hurriedly descending down the stairs. Your cheeks grew red as you blinked multiple times before catching up with the others.

As soon as you and the team came, you heard Molly and Topher conversing. Topher and Molly both stopped and stared at everyone. "Me and Molly whipped up some chow."

You and your friends gazed down at the table, which was laden with food and drinks. With your arms crossed, you raised your eyebrows in astonishment. "So this is why you left?" You asked Topher.

"Explains the little remodeling job upstairs," Gert added as she slightly pointed her finger up.

"We assumed you were gone for good," Chase stated as he looked at Topher. "And by 'assumed,' I mean 'hoped'."

"You showed me kindness, amigo, and I'm showing it back," Topher replied before sighing. "Had to get past your 'guard dog' first." He looked down at one of Chase's Fistigons that Chase was caressing protectively. "What's this?"

"My guard dog." Chase hissed.

You hid a smile when you saw Molly glaring at Chase while Topher laughed. "You people are muy interesante." He said as he watched Chase wear his one Fistigon. "Is there something going on here that I need to know about?"

Nico shook her head. "I think you know too much already."

Molly jerked her head towards Nico, who gave her a look and moved her head to the side. Molly sighed. "Sorry... but he might be my relative. Isn't that nuts?"

"Where did your relative get all this food?" Chase questioned sternly.

"It's called urban foraging."

"Is that like artisanal stealing?" Alex asked, causing Molly to look at him and clenched her jaw.

"No, man." Topher chuckled as he answered Alex's questions. "Stolen goods? That ain't me. I asked permission first."

"By permission you mean you asked permission first to steal a basket of fruit?" You asked as you gazed at Topher. Topher cackled as he placed one hand on his hip. "You're funny, hermosa. Come on, go ahead. Make yourself a plate."

When everyone didn't move, Topher raised his eyebrows. "No?" He asked. "Look, I can see you guys aren't... sure about me."

Alex nodded. "You're right. We aren't."

Topher shrugged. "So, I'm gonna be honest." He stated. "I know who you are. You been all over the news." Topher remarked. Gert, who had been leaning against the doorway, straightened up and looked at you and the others. You shuffled slightly in your position as you turned away. Topher smirked a little as he scoffed. "Pretty hard to miss, if you ask me."