We're Even

PAIGE'S POV

Zoe and the others only had a day left before they return to London and that made me quite upset since we had developed a close relationship even though we had just all been together for a week. What's even more saddening is that Joe hasn't been talking to me that much ever since two days ago for some reason.

"Come on guys! The movie's starting!" Alfie shouted as we all gathered before the television screen, ready to watch a horror movie entitled Ouija.

"It's getting quite cold," Joe said. He was seated beside me to my left while Caspar sat to my right. Although he was beside me, it was Caspar who I was talking to since Joe has been very distant lately. "I'm just gonna get a blanket or a sweater or something,"

He stood up and headed upstairs and I decided to follow him and finally confront him about how he's been acting lately.

"I'm just gonna grab some covers too," I told Caspar as I stood up and headed upstairs too.

I went upstairs and immediately walked to Joe's room. He was looking for a sweater in his room when I walked in.

"Hey," I said, standing at the entrance.

He looked over to me. "Hey,"

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked as he rummaged through his suitcase.

He faced me, quite surprised. "Uhm sure. What do you want to talk about?"

I walked over to his bed to sit down and looked at him as I started talking. "Uhm...Are you mad at me?"

He hesitated. "No -no I'm not mad. Why would you think I'm mad at you?" He asked with a smile, sweater now in his hand.

I hesitated. "Well, you've been very distant lately,"

JOE'S POV

"Well, you've been very distant lately," She said hesitantly.

I actually agreed with her. I have been trying to avoid her over the past few days because I've been trying to clear up my mind about how I feel about her -or if I even do feel something.

"No, no I haven't," I denied and she smiled, knowing that I wasn't telling the truth.

"Oh yes you have and you know it," She said. "The question is, why?"

"I really am not trying to avoid you or be distant. I just have a lot of things in mind," I said as I sat beside her on my bed.

She stood up as soon as I sat down. "Well, you don't look at me like I'm the prettiest girl in the world anymore," She said and I was shocked. Holy Shit. What does that mean? What do I say?! Fuck.

She looked at me with a mischievous grin and right there I knew that she knew I liked her.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Caspar told me," She answered and I wasn't surprised a bit.

"That bloody asshole," I said, already thinking of how I'll have my revenge.

"It's okay though," She said with a smile. "I mean- I'm okay with you liking me. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you're certainly not in love with me since you don't fall in love easily," I said, grinning, and she looked quite shocked.

"How did you know that?" She asked, a touch of worry in her eyes. And I remembered Tyler and Troye warned me about not telling her what they told us.

"Tyler and Troye told me," I hesitantly said, hoping she and Troye and Tyler wouldn't be mad at me.

Unexpectedly, she smiled. "Now we're even,"

She stood up and went out the door, but just before she left she said, "I'm not in love with you YET. You never know!"

â€Â¢*•*•*•*•

Ever since the little talk Paige and I had, I tried my best to talk to her like I did before and just not overthink too much. Caspar, Paige, and I were sharing her blanket and were seated closely to one another.

After the first movie, Zoe and Alfie headed upstairs to get a good night's rest so Caspar decided to take their place on the couch. I was left to share a blanket with Paige and as the second movie started, I could feel her eyes slowly closing.

Soon enough, Caspar and Paige were asleep and only Troye, Tyler, Marcus, Jim, Tanya, and I were awake. Paige slept with her head against my shoulder and I didn't mind.

Midway through the second movie, I was miraculously getting sleepy too so I decided I'd head upstairs to sleep.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and sleep. I feel kinda tired," I said as everybody continued on watching the movie.

Of course I couldn't leave Paige there sleeping on the floor so I carried her in my arms and brought her upstairs, trying my best not to wake her.

I went inside Zoe and Paige's room-supposedly to tuck her in- to find the two beds joined together and Zoe and Alfie sleeping on the two beds.

I tried to wake Zoe up but she didn't respond so in the end, I decided to just let Paige sleep on my bed since I wouldn't want her to wake beside Zoe and Alfie sleeping together.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS 💖 I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD GET FIFTY READS HAHA xx I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!