Leaving

*•*•*•*•*•*

Two days ago, I saw Joe, Caspar, and Oli in person at a Youtube fan fest and I was literally within five feet from them. It was singlehandedly one of the best nights of my life. When I saw them I cried and an event bouncer offered me a handkerchief 😂. In light of recent events, I promise to update more often!!

I got to see them so close and you will too!! 💖 Anyways, back to the story...

•*•*•*•*•*•

JOE'S POV

Everyone all went to their rooms, hoping to get some sleep for tomorrow's flight. The difference between me and the others was that I couldn't sleep.

I decided to go to Paige and Zoe's room since Zoe had decided to share a bed with Alfie and because I knew Paige was alone. I knocked on the door but no one answered so I let myself in since the door wasn't locked.

Paige's back was facing me. She was sleeping and she had enveloped herself in her covers.

I walked to her bed and slowly climbed onto the bed, careful not to wake her since she seemed very tired. I took off my sweater then my shirt since I often sleep without my shirt on and enveloped myself in the covers too.

She still didn't notice that I was in the room so I slowly wrapped my arm around her and placed myself in a spooning position.

She moved a bit, worrying me that I might've woken her up. It was the first time I'd tried to sleep in the same bed with her and I didn't know if she was okay with that. Her hand brushed against my arm and soon enough her head turned to face me.

She blinked multiple times to clear her vision. "Hey," I said nervously.

I was expecting her to ask why I was on her bed with her or how I got there but she didn't. Instead she just flashed me a big smile and turned around again to go back to her previous sleeping position, but this time, she laced her fingers around mine.

Even though I was now beside her I still couldn't sleep. I was too happy and too amazed at my current position, but slowly, my body had taken the effect of the day's activity and I had fallen asleep, forgetting that I was leaving the next day.

PAIGE'S POV

It was three in the morning and I found myself beside Joe, staring at him as he slept. My mind was preoccupied with a hundred questions but one seemed to have overridden the others: What happens now?

An hour passed silently and swiftly. In that hour, all I did was stare at him -his cute little face, his cute little nose inhaling and exhaling.

As the minutes rolled by, I started to feel heavier and heavier, knowing that this cute little guy would leave very soon. I looked at the ceiling as a sigh escaped my mouth.

"What are you doin?" He opened his eyes and asked in his normal British accent that I'll miss once he's gone.

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently, leaning my head against my arm that was propped up on my bed as if I was modeling.

He sat up a bit and copied my position. "You've been staring at the ceiling for a minute as if you just found out Tom Hiddleston's in the ICU,"

I laughed. "It's nothing," I said although it was obviously not "nothing".

He sat up and gestured for me to sit up too. He wrapped his arm around my back and held me tightly in his arms and we both stayed that way silently for five minutes, both knowing what I'was bound to happen that day.

There's nothing more terrifying than not knowing. Not knowing what will happen to us next; not knowing what will be of whatever Joe and I have.

"I know you're worried," Joe started talking and I could feel tears gathering in my eyes that I had managed to prevent from falling. "I can't say I'm not worried too, but I can say that I'll miss you."