Us

PAIGE'S POV

I had asked him to come in and stay for awhile since I wanted to make up for the two months that I hadn't answered nor replied to his calls and messages.

As soon as I asked him to stay, he walked back towards me with a smile on his face that he couldn't hide. "I'd love to stay," He said, leaving out the "for awhile" part and I don't know if he purposely meant to not say it or if I'm just overanalyzing things like I usually do.

He walked into our hotel room. "Wow," He said, gazing at all the shopping bags scattered around the room.

"What? You haven't seen a girl's shopping haul before?" I asked.

"Well I have seen Zoe make a haul video before," He answered. "Are these all yours?"

"Half of them," I replied. "The other half's Alexa's stuff,"

I sat on my bed and he sat beside me - on the same spot where we were seated yesterday when we confessed to each other that we still liked each other. "So...What do you plan to do with all this stuff?" He asked, astonished at the amount of paper bags in the room.

"Wear them of course," I said, pointing out the obvious.

As I said that, I remembered that his sweater was still with me. I stood up and hurried to my luggage bag, grabbing Joe's sweater. "Here," I said, handing his sweater back to him. "You can have it back now,"

He hesitated as he extended his arm. "Keep it," He said, retracting his arm back. "You look good wearing it."

"Are you sure? I mean...I have a lot of sweaters, it's alright. I can keep warm," I said, not wanting to accept his generous offer.

"It's alright. I want you to have it. Besides, I like seeing you in my clothes," He added and that colored my cheeks.

Knowing that he wouldn't let me decline his offer, I smiled at him and said, "Thanks," then put Joe's sweater which was now mine in a safe spot in my luggage bag.

"So...what are we gonna do now?" He asked as he sat on my bed.

JOE'S POV

"So...what are we gonna do now?" I asked as I sat on the edge of Paige's bed although all I really wanted to do was talk to her or maybe even kiss her sooner or later.

"I dunno," She said with a mischievous smile that fluttered the butterflies in my stomach as she climbed under the covers on her bed. "Want to watch a movie?" She suggested.

"Okay," I said. "What should we watch?"

"Whatever's on, I guess," She said.

I positioned myself beside her under the covers and I could feel my heartbeat quicken as I inch closer to her. She turned the television on then started looking through the channels. She breezed through the channels and I was mentally praying that Teen Wolf or any movie starring Dylan O'Brien wasn't on. Thankfully, my prayers were answered.

We mutually agreed on watching Saturday Night Live. The episode we had stumbled upon was hosted by Chris Pratt and it was a goddamn funny episode. Paige was laughing, giggling, and cussing over Chris Pratt the whole time since he was part of her list of top 10 crushes. Other people in the list included Channing Tatum, Tom Hiddleston, and Brad Pitt. As I watched her laugh while watching the episode, I thought about whether or not I was in her list. I also thought about whether or not Dylan O'Brien was still in that list. And if he is in that list and I'm on that list too, which one of us was higher up on that list?

I had to stop from asking myself questions that would end up haunting me the whole night so I just watched the show like Paige did. I found some jokes funny although half of the time I couldn't relate to the others. Maybe it's because I'm British, who knows?