Back To The Hotel

PAIGE'S POV

He looked so embarrassed and that made me feel guilty. He was speechless and so was I. I stood up and started making my way upstairs, bag in hand, as I said, "I better head back to our hotel,"

He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something but he closed it and remained silent. I walked upstairs and as I reached the top, I could hear him trailing behind me.

"Hey Caspar," I called and diverted his attention from the tv to me.

"Yep?"

"I'm gonna go back to our hotel now. Alexa probably doesn't know where I am and is probably worried about me," I said.

Caspar stood up. "Joe and I will give you a ride then,"

"Oh you don't need to! I'll just call a cab," I said, not wanting to cause them trouble.

Joe gently took my bag from my hand. "We're giving you a ride," He said with a charming smile. "Whether you like it or not,"

•*•*•*•*•*•

The ride back to the hotel was awkward. Well at least between Joe and I. Caspar was driving and Joe was seated in front, not uttering a word. Through the whole journey, Caspar and I would be the only ones talking to each other. Joe would just share an occasional laugh or give a slight nod.

We arrived at the front of the hotel. "I should probably bring you upstairs," Joe said and I was surprised since he had been silent the whole trip.

"No it's okay," I said as I took my bag and opened the door, not ashamed although I was only dressed in Joe's boxers. He hurriedly climbed out of the car and grabbed my bag again as if he was my personal porter.

"I guess I'll just wait for you to come back," Caspar said.

I waved Caspar goodbye as Joe and I walked into the hotel. "Where to?" He asked.

"Room 312" I answered.

We went in the elevator. It started ascending for what felt like the longest elevator ride you could possibly imagine since there was dead silence between the two of us. When we reached the third floor, I guided him to room 312 and knocked on the door.

Even while waiting for Alexa to open the door, no words were spoken between the two of us.

"You're back!" Alexa excitedly said as she gave me a hug then looked at Joe as if she didn't want him to be there.

"Joe," She said coldly.

"Good morning Alexa," He greeted, ignoring her coldness.

I walked into the room and turned around to face Joe again. He handed me my bag. "Thanks for accompanying me," I said politely though it felt a bit awkward because I could feel Alexa behind me giving him a judgmental stare.

"My pleasure," He said with a smile, his hands in his pockets and rocking a bit back and forth like he always does when he's shy. "I guess...I'll see you later?"

I smiled slightly as Alexa closed the door in front of me. She faced me with a raised eyebrow. "Caspar told me you slept at their place," She said as we walked to or beds.

I jumped on my bed and groaned. "Can we not talk about it please,"

"Alright," Alexa said. "Says the one who was blushing the whole time Joe was talking awhile ago," She added with a mischievous grin.

JOE'S POV

Alexa closed the door in front of me. I sighed and turned around. As I started walking, I couldn't help but rethink if I should knock on the door again and talk to Paige or if I should just leave. After all, she denied my kiss awhile ago and it was one of the most humiliating experiences I have ever had.

Caspar was on his phone when I knocked on the window of the car. He unlocked the car door and I went inside, still feeling indecisive and gloomy.

"What's up man?" Caspar asked, noticing that I was deep in thought.

"I don't know Caspar," I answered since I really didn't know what to do. He patted my shoulder.

"It's alright man," Caspar said, hoping to comfort me as he started driving. "You'll get her next time,"

"I don't even know if she still likes me," I said, discouraged as I stared off into the distance whilst Caspar drove silently. "I mean...she didn't even send me a message for two months,"

Caspar looked at me surprisedly. "Wait...she didn't tell you?" He asked frantically.

"Tell me what?"