Make Her Stay

PAIGE'S POV

I woke up from my comfortable sleep, washed my face, then went out the room to eat brunch since it was already 12 noon. I passed the living room on my way to the dining area and noticed Joe and his dad having a serious-looking conversation. I stopped and looked at Joe. He took notice of me instantly and gave me a hesitant smile as if I was walking in on something I shouldn't be witnessing.

"Good morning," He said, his smile genuine now. After he had said this, his dad followed him and greeted me a pleasant morning.

"Good morning," I greeted them both in return. "Am I the last one to wake up?"

As he stood up, Joe said, "Nope, Caspar's still fast asleep. Would you like some breakfast?" I nodded. He took my hand then guided me to the dining room, leaving his dad in the living room to watch some television.

Zoe and Alfie were seated in the dining table and greeted the two of us a good morning as we joined them. Zoe and Alfie sat beside each other while Joe and I sat across them. "Had a good night?" Zoe asked and Joe stuttered as he answered, "Ye-yes of course. Why wouldn't I have a great night?"

"Good. How was the couch?" Zoe asked and Alfie sat beside her with a slight grin on his face as he chewed his breakfast.

Joe looked nervous and I didn't know why. "It was good, very comfortable," He answered as he reached for a poached egg.

"How about you Paige? Slept well?" Zoe asked.

"Yep," I answered.

"Good! I'm excited for our collab today!" Zoe half screamed- half said.

•*•*•*•*•*•

Alfie and Joe had finished setting up the lighting and cameras and Zoe and I had finished prepping the four seats. We were all set.

As usual, Zalfie sat together as Joe and I sat together. We were gonna film a "How well do you know each other? ZALFIE & POSEPH edition" for Zoe's channel and it made me vaguely nervous for some reason.

"All set?" Zoe asked and I held a thumbs up as Joe screamed a jovial "YEEEESS!"

"Alright then, let's start," Zoe told Caspar who sat behind the camera, holding his phone and checking the video's hashtag for the questions. Zoe and Alfie were one team while obviously Joe and I were another. Each one of us had a small whiteboard and a marker where we'd write our answers to Caspar's questions. The team that had the most correct answers wins.

"First question," Caspar started. "Write your teammate's favorite Marvel Character,"

Caspar counted for 8 seconds as we scrambled and wrote our answers. "Time's up!" Caspar shouted.

Alfie loudly said his favorite Marvel character which turned out to be Ironman, Zoe revealed her board. She wrote the correct answer, earning a point for the Zalfie team. On the other hand, Zoe had said that her favorite was Black Widow but Alfie had written Scarlett Johansson so we decided to give him a half point.

"I'm really nervous," I said. "I'm not sure about this one,"

"You go first," Joe said confidently. "I'm quite sure I've got this in the bag,"

I said my answer out loud which was Loki since Tom Hiddleston played it and Joe turned his board with a smirk on his face, knowing he had earned a point for the team since he had indeed written Tom's character's name. When it came to Joe's favorite Marvel character, he had answered, "Joker," to which Caspar, Zoe, and Alfie scolded him and said, "He's from DC!!"

Everyone was scolding Joe and Joe was flailing his arms, saying he had forgotten that Joker was from DC comics. When they had asked me what I wrote, I guiltily showed them the board which had "Joker" written on it.