Outed

PAIGE'S POV

Midway through setting up the lights and the camera to film a haul video for my channel, Joe had suddenly backed out from filming, stating that he had nothing important to do in a haul video.

"You'd get me more views," I joked.

"Oh so that's all I'm for, aye?" He said in an outrageous, exaggeratedly hurt tone as he turned on his bedside lamps. "I'm just for bloody views!!"

"Why are you acting up all of a sudden?" I asked whilst laughing, amused.

"Because I'm only for motherfuckin' views, that's why!" He said as he sat on his bed and kicked a shirt that was lying mindlessly on the floor as if he was in front of a rolling camera in a dramatic movie.

I gave him a side hug. "Oh come on, stop with the acting. We all know you're a good actor,"

He smiled. "But I'm serious with the not joining your video thing," He said. "You have to film this on your own."

"But you told m-

"Please?" He said in an encouraging and pleasing voice. "For me,"

I groaned in frustration. "GOD I'M GONNA HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO RESIST YOU," I exclaimed. "Fine, but just because you bought me some clothes. Don't get cocky,"

I ended up filming the haul video myself with Joe attentively watching me the whole time with a pleased and bright smile on his face behind the camera. After I finished filming, he offered to edit the video for me since he said that he wanted to make sure that I'll finish and upload the video but I refused, stating that it was my video, not his.

I was able to edit half of my video on Joe's bed. Actually, I was lucky enough that I got to edit that much since Joe kept distracting me. As I sat on his bed with my feet -wearing cute, shark printed, blue socks- plopped up on his leg, he randomly and -it seems- innocently took his shirt off and proceeded editing one of his vlogs. I assumed that what he did was probably just a way to grab my attention and distract me so I tried not to react.

"Paige," He suddenly called in a serious tone that caught me by surprise. I looked at him, his biceps showing as he ran his fingers through his hair. He scratched his shoulders. "I'm possibly gonna be out the whole day, the day after tomorrow and the day after that,"

He had a look of concern in his eyes that I didn't quite understand. "Okay,"

"I'm sorry I can't be with you the whole day," He said although he had no reason to be sorry in my opinion. "I just have to finalize some Username:Evie stuff,"

I nodded. "Don't be sorry! I'm gonna be perfectly fine here with Caspar," I said, than rethinking if that was a good argument since Caspar and I together would result into a lot of mischievous and devious happenings.

"Okay," He said though he still didn't seem to be convinced. "I'll just tell Caspar and the others to look after you,"

"The others?" I asked, confused as to what or whom he referred to.

"Oh, I mean Caspar," He defensively said.

"I can handle myself, no need to bother Caspar," I said since I could handle things independently. "Besides, I may have something planned with Nordstrom for my blog,"

"You have a shooting of some sort?" He asked, curious since he's not fully familiar with how I collaborate with brands on my blog and other social media platforms.

"Yeah," I said. "It's with this really famous British photographer and this model whom I heard is real gorgeous,"

He had been teasing me the whole time I was editing -taking his shirt off, constantly biting his lip, and running his fingers through his hair which he knew I found it attractive- so I wanted some payback. "And who is this gorgeous model?" He asked, the tone of his voice was a bit calm and collected but there was a sense of protectiveness and possessiveness underlying it. "What's his name?"