38: A Night Out

I spent the day watching TV and trying my hardest not to think about him. As the hours ticked by, I got more and more anxious for tonight. Before I knew it, I was hopping into Mr. Woo's big car and being taken to the arena with very sweaty palms.

Since we're back in Seoul, they didn't have me give the boys a lesson before but rather used me for organizational purposes. It was new for me but it was kind of fun to be a part of it all. When they come down from the stage for a break, they get thrown right into chairs and the stylists begin blow drying their hair.

"Cleo, come here for a sec!" One the stylists yells over the screams. I quickly do as I'm told and she hands me the blow dryer. "Just dry the sweat off of his hair as much as you can, I'll be right back." She flashes me a quick smile before heading to Jin to help his stylist. Jimin, in front of me, is out of breath but beaming with energy. I do as I'm told and start fluffing and drying his hair. He smiles and makes a goofy face at me through the mirror, lightening the stressful mood a bit. I involuntarily smile back and face the blow dryer up so his bangs are being forced straight up. We, along with Hobi next to us, all break out into giggles.

"Cleo, Cleo look." Hobi says through the laughter. He then flips his phone around to show me a picture that he took of the moment. Jimin scolds him for embarrassing him but I laugh even harder.

"You have to send me that." I holler. As I glance up, my eyes meet his for the first time tonight. His cold glare halts my laughter and I quickly look away. I know he doesn't like when Jimin and I are together but that's too bad. He knows that we're just good friends. Regardless, Jungkook has no authority over me.

"Oh yeah! Cleo, we're going to a club with some friends after the show. You should come!" Hobi smiles. I look at him confused. A club? "It's like a private venue thing, we invited a bunch of people. It's safe and all. You can ride with us." He reassures me and I relax.

"I'll be there." I promise him and go back to fluffing Jimins hair. At least there will be a lot of people, plus it gives me something to do besides sit in my apartment with my thoughts. Also, it sounds like a blast. The rest of the show was a massive success, as always. I help everyone shuffle out and we were on the road.

I sit next to the fluffy boy himself on the way home. The thought of getting ready on my own in my empty space makes me anxious. Hell, I'm already overthinking. "Jimin?" I mutter to him. He turns his head and raises his eyebrows. "It's really ok to say no... but do you think I could get ready with you or something? I just don't want to be alone..." I trail off.

"Of course, Hobi and Taehyung are coming over to get ready too." Jimin responds happily and I feel relieved. "Mr.Lee, theres no need to stop at Cleo's. She'll come with us." Jimin orders and Mr. Lee softly nods. Just then, Jimin puts his phone to his ear. "Chungja, hi, wanna get ready at my place? Can you bring stuff for Cleo too?" He says to his friend. I didn't even think about her being there. I grow more excited to spend the night with my favorite people. We get dropped off in the back of a massive building right in the middle of Seoul. Jimin tells me to put my mask and a hoodie on, just in case. It sucks that they have to do this even to get to their own homes. The four of us get out and they all grab their bags. We leave Jin and Jungkook behind. Jin waves us off and Jungkooks gaze is stabbing knives into the seat in front of him. I know he's furious right now, and if I'm being honest, I'm kind of doing it on purpose. I like to see him all upset, seeing me continue to live my life with people that make me happy, knowing that he can't be there all of the time. I know he hates it, but I'm living for it.

I breathe in the outside air while gazing up at the lights of the city. I can feel myself growing from Jungkook already, but not exactly away from him. Seeing him so visibly affected by my actions let's me know that I still have a power over him and that oddly makes me feel unstoppable.