5: Roomates

The plane slowly begins to find the ground. Feeling too shy to wake anyone up, I wait for the wheels on the pavement to do it. The plane touches the ground with a jolt, waking almost everyone up immediately. They all groan and stretch, J hope mumbles to himself.
"Why do I never want to wake up when I have to... oh?" He bursts into laughter when he sees Jungkook next to him, still fast asleep with his new accessory and messy hair.

"Ya, ya hyung look at Jungkook." J hope says still laughing while trying to get Jin's attention on the other side of the isle. Jungkook's headphones are in so he remains unaffected by the noise his friends are making. Not long later all of his friends are up and snapping pictures of him and I can't help but to laugh along with them. "Ok, ok we should wake him up now. I want to get to the house." J hope says and gently tickles Jungkook's belly.

"House?" I ask. I thought we were staying at hotels. Jungkook twitches awake and swats J hope's hand away.

"Yeah, they didn't tell you? You get your own room and everything!" V claps his hands together lightly. He seems like such a sweet boy. "Whenever we are at a location for a couple days or more, we usually get a house to stay at. Hotels can get boring." He says and grabs his bag from the overhead bin.

"I see, well thank you for telling me." I switch to English.

"You are...welcome." V responds, heading out first. Why do they know these things before I do? I try not to think about it, just go with the flow. The 8 of us pile into 2 big SUVs, I hop into the second one. Jimin and Suga hop in after me and my heart starts to beat. Suga is sitting next to me in the back. Why are they so intimidating. To make my anxiety worse, Jungkook hops into one of the middle seats next to Jimin and closes the door, meaning it's just me and them. I should stop being so worried, I'm gonna need to get warmed up to them sometime soon. It's so odd to me that the other members literally are oozing with kindness and smiles while these 3 show nothing but a cold shoulder. Honestly I don't blame them though, some American chick gets thrown into their busy schedule and has to spend day and night with them without even knowing who she is. I'd probably hate me too.

"How long until we get to the house?" I ask Suga before thinking about it too much. He seems like my safest option here. I don't dare speak to the other two first.

"Uhh.." He checks the time on his phone "twenty, twenty minutes."  He responds in English.

"Thank you." I say and fold my hands into my lap.

"How...long you teach English?" He asks, surprising me. I wasn't expecting him to want to talk.

"How long have I taught English for?" I turn to him.

"Yeah... how long you've taught English for?" He says repeating me.

"Only one year, not long."

"No, no not long time. You good teacher." He says giving me a thumbs up and a shy smile. I feel myself warm up to him as we continue our simple conversation until we arrive at the house. The sight of it takes my breath away. I feel like I'm in one of those movies where the main character is in a taxi, looking up out of the window in awe as they drive through time square on her way to the job of her dreams. It's huge! I don't think I've ever even been in a house this big before.

"You coming?" Suga calls to me. Everyone's already out of the car. I hustle up and follow the rest of them through the huge wooden doors of the house. Inside, the ceilings are tall and the furniture is all modern, I feel like I should be sleeping in a hotel nearby or something.... not here.

"Okay, Miss Summers gets the first pick." I hear RMs voice but I'm still admiring the house. I feel a nudge on my arm.

"Huh? I'm sorry." He smiles and repeats himself. "Really? Are you sure? Are there enough rooms?" I say not wanting to take a room if someone else wants it. "I don't mind going last."