3: Business Affairs

I continue talking to RM and J-Hope while the others talk amongst each other.

"You taught English to elementary students?" RM smiles, "That's so cute."

"Yeah it was, they're very sweet. One of my students actually got me this job." I chuckle thinking about Hayoon and her persuasive ways.

"Really? How so?" He questions.

"Her cousin is one of your makeup artists and heard that your management was looking for someone so she put in a good word for me."

J hope snaps his head up and makes a thinking face before a lightbulb visually goes on in his head. He's so animated.

"Hayoon right? The girl?" He says remembering.

"Aha, yeah! You know of her?" I respond excitedly.

"Yea of course, her cousin talks so highly of her. I heard she's a smart little one." He smiles.

"Yeah she's brilliant. She's gotta have a higher IQ than RM." I say, thankful for those little fun facts the website gave me.

"Ahh, you've done your research." J hope laughs.

"Maybe a little." I join him and RM in their laughter. I feel slightly relieved knowing we have some sort of connection now. Their knowledge of Hayoon makes me feel a little more comfortable.

The three of us continue our small talk. V and Jin join in later.

"Hmm... your favorite food." Jin asks with his hand on his chin.

"Sushi." I respond quickly.

"Favorite shape." He looks like he's challenging me to a quiz about myself.

"Heart."

"Favorite... animal." He barely lets me finish.

"Rabbits." I say. He makes an O shape with his mouth as he turns around and points back at Jungkook who was paying no attention to our conversation. I look at Jin, confused. He then shakes his head without saying anything and continues firing questions at me.

"Favorite thing about my face."

"All of it." I respond with a little too much confidence which makes him laugh. I immediately feel my face turning red.

"Ya, I like her!" He says waving his finger at me as the other 4 around us break out into laughter. I think I saw Suga crack a smile too. "Last one, favorite color."

"Purple." For some reason my answer earned approval nods from all of the members who were paying attention.

"You'll fit in just fine here." Jin closes his eyes briefly and gives me a soft smile. That comment alone took a couple pounds off my shoulders.

Just as I thought, the majority of them are very welcoming and only slightly intimidating. I can tell that the fame makes them all very confident. I wasn't expecting them to be so informal with me but I'm glad they were. It made the whole mood feel more laid back. The minority on the other hand, seemed almost impossible to talk to. I understood that I was just another staff member but their cold, blank expressions towards me sent shivers down my spine.

When it was time for me to go, the boys stood up again and shook my hand. Suga got up this time, and gave me a small smile as he wrapped both of his hands around mine which made little fireworks go off inside my head. I'm glad I've somehow proved myself to him in this short time. Jungkook and Jimin, however,  stayed focused on the screen. What were they watching that was so interesting?
I thanked them again for choosing me and told them I was looking forward to working with them before exiting the room.
The man that lead me there when I first got here was holding the door for me. As we walked down the same hallways, he began to speak.
"So, the boys leave on their 2nd world tour this year in a month from today. You will be traveling with them, as you know, to help them achieve a form of complete emersion. It will help them learn quicker." I stepped quickly to keep up with him and take in all the information at the same time. "You should bring a small suitcase of your belongings but the boys like to get out as much as they can so you will have plenty of opportunities to get anything you desire." We were approaching the lobby now. "And lastly," He said, turning to me, "You must not tell anyone about your new occupation. You will find it is in your best interest to keep your identity, as these boys teacher, a secret. The fans can be overwhelming sometimes and we do not wish that kind of pressure upon you." He said smiling. "An email will be sent with more detail regarding our departure times and other things I missed." How is he not out of breath? I'm out of breath from trying to keep up with him.

"Thank you so much, for everything. It was nice meeting you." I bowed and headed for the big glass doors.

The walk from the building to the bus stop was a blur. I felt drunk off of adrenaline and the smile just wouldn't disappear from my face. This is really such an amazing opportunity. I still don't feel like it's real. When I got into the bus I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was holding in, suddenly feeling very tired.

When I got home, it was almost like dejavu. I flung myself onto the comfortable couch without hanging up my coat or taking off my shoes and immediately began to drift off. This is what I get for not getting any sleep the night before. It was only 2pm but I was just... so ... sleepy...

••• "No, you're not even doing your job correctly. How do you expect me to respect you when you clearly don't know what you're doing." A boy with a familiar face scolded me. Jungkook?

"I- I'm trying." I croaked, feeling weak.

"Well try harder. This is pathetic." He rolled his eyes and slammed a paper on the table in front of him. •••

As the paper was slammed on the table, my shoe slipped from off my foot and landed on the hard wood floor with a clank. I shot up out of a deep sleep, sweating once again. My heart was pounding and I felt embarrassed even though I knew it was just a dream. My job hasn't even started and I'm already having nightmares about it. I just want to do well and I lack the self confidence needed for this job. This is insane.

I shimmy my coat off and go to hang it up. I glance up at the clock, now it's 6. How did I let myself sleep for so long? I go to remove my makeup and turn the shower on. At least it's Saturday. As I'm showering, I reflect on what I still need to get done. I've already signed up to take my classes on line and already started throwing some clothes into a pile for me to pack up. All I need to do now is soak in as much time with my students as I can before I go, especially Hayoon.

Hey guys, thanks for reading this far!! I hope you guys enjoy the story so far💖 If you do, please let me know I love the feedback💓
Look forward to much more excitement in the chapters to follow, I'm really excited to have you guys read them :)
Don't forget to vote and comment !!!🤩

-