14: A Remedy for Anger

"Um, no. I wish." I laugh awkwardly and motion for Chunja to go up to the counter. The girl continues to talk to me luckily, Chunja stays quiet.

"Yeah I knew it was a long shot. Are you a fan?" She asks as she takes Chunja's card.

"No not really, I've only heard a couple songs." I look away. I'm so bad at lying. Could she be packing those bags any slower? As soon as she's done, Chunja thanks her and we both quickly walk out of the shop.

"Why did she say BTS?" Chunja says as we walk.

"She heard them say my name when they were on Vlive. She asked if we worked for them and I said no. She believed me, thank god." I say out of breath.

"I nearly had a heart attack. Usually, I would save your ass but I can't speak English! I thought we were toast!" She laughs.

"Hey, I've got us covered." I laugh with her. We stop in a few more high end stores before heading over to the arena. Shopping bags fill the backseat of the car. I've never even seen so much money, much less spent so much. It feels good but I don't care too much about designer stuff. I don't think I'll be going on splurges like that often. It doesn't feel right.

I give a short 30 minute lesson to the boys before sending them off to Chunja and the rest of the crew. Every day, their English gets better and better. As always, they kill their performance. I don't know how they do it. One by one, each member preforms their solo songs and I chat with the others while they're off.

"You guys are doing phenomenal, the energy in the crowd tonight is amazing, you guys really have the best fans." I say in adoration as I watch the sea of American fans sing every Korean word. That's dedication right there.

"Cleo, I would hug you right now but I'm really sweaty." Jin says looking exhausted. I walk over behind his seat and rub the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, I'll get one later. You just focus on not working yourself too hard." His chin falls to his chest as he groans. I continue my deep massage and someone hands him a small fan to keep him cool. I hate seeing them like this, overly exhausted, in pain. I try to help as much as I can. If I could somehow stop the show and force them to rest, I would but like I've said before, it isn't my place. I would never step in the way of their performances. Ever. They all go back on after a few minuets. I watch the rest of their show with more worry than excitement. Later, they all come off, still alive and breathing. Like usual, everyone sleeps on the car ride home. Meanwhile, I'm dreading sleeping in the same room as Jungkook tonight. And tomorrow night. Maybe I'll just sleep on the couch or switch with another member.

The mood for dinner is happy, despite the fatigue everyone is feeling. I proudly show off my new clothes and they watch with interest. Right after dinner, everyone heads up to bed.

I walk up with Hobi. When we reach the top of the stairs, he stops and wraps his arm around my shoulder as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Ahh, thank you for everything you've done for us Cleo. I'm happy to have made a 7th best friend." I'm short enough to where his chin can rest comfortably on the top of my head. I smile and wrap my little arms around his thin body. To hear those words come out of his mouth truly warms my heart. If only I could express how much they mean to me in words.

"Thank you for letting me. I'm happy to have made 7 best friends." I pull away and smile up at him, oddly wanting to cry.

"All 7?" He raises his eyebrows at me, a grin spreading across his lips.

"Well, 6 and then some." I chuckle at mine and Jungkook's unfortunate relationship. I wish Hobi a goodnight before we part ways.
I open the door to my shared room and Jungkook is sitting up in his bed on is phone.