Chapter11

Christine returned with a bunch of documents and a pen. For a whole five minutes, Christine signed and wrote dates on the papers in silence. When it was my turn to sign, I made sure to read through every single word before putting my signature on them.

Subsequently, we completed the deal and an original copy of the bond was given to me while miss Christine kept a copy. I finally laid the money in front of her and I could swear that her eyes went wide for a moment. I guess I'm not the only one that gets chills at the sight of a huge sum of money.

Without the discount, the total was going for a whopping $8000. There was no way I could have to afford that much.

"It's intact, but please do count if you must," I stated, slightly smiling in the process.

"No need for all that, I trust you April."

"Very well. On that note, it was nice doing business with you."
Miley and I drove back to the bakery to have a look and try to estimate exactly how much I would be investing in the renovation.
From the way, the paints were peeling off, to the sold-out stamps on almost half of the baking equipment to the half-broken ones. It needed a lot of renovation.

"Not gonna lie, but this is gonna be a lot of work," Miley spoke looking around the dusty bakery.

"Absolutely, and a whole load of renovation I tell you," I responded, equally looking around the place.

"But once that's all done, we'll figure it out from there." I tried to be hopeful.
"Yes, I agree."

Mom has almost all of the equipment, she had taken them all with her when Christine fired her. So basically, it's not a big deal. A little bit of furnishing and a good spirit should change all this unpleasant scenery.

"Aren't you happy?" Miley asked suddenly. I looked up at her face and noticed she was quite serious.

"Of course I am, why? don't I look happy?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you look gloomy. You've been so passionate about this up until now, what happened?"

"I'm excited about this trust me, I guess it's just over-excitement," I said honestly.

"Look, everything's fine yeah, trust me."

"I trust you."

Miley and I decided on McDonald's after our stressful Saturday morning.

"Hold up, so if I'm not lost, what you're saying is that Maxwell Wilders is the dude  you've been talking about this whole time?" Miley asked, shock written all over her pretty face. I bobbed my head as I silently chewed on my fries.

"And this whole time he was playing with your ego when he asked you to pay for ruining his car?! That's so fucked up...but why?"

"I don't know Miley, that's the lame excuse he gave to mom. The nerve of him, I hate him so much."

Just thinking about him gets me on the edge. Before, I loved his work so much. And of course, I've read a few of his books, maybe almost all of his new releases. But now, I despise him vastly. And honestly, I'd discourage anyone from reading his books.

"Hey but if he actually apologised, I think you should really let it go...at least he tried to make things straight."

"Are you supporting him, Miley!?" I gasped.

"This isn't about sides April, I'm raising a point." She said rolling her eyes as she sipped her juice.
As usual, McDonald's was packed just like any other Saturday. Returning my attention back to my stupid friend, I spoke.

"The only point I don't see here is why he came back to confess his crime! why didn't he just forget us and move on with his lousy life? We wouldn't have found out any of this and things would have been lighter."

Miley gave me a disinterested glance and rolled her eyes.

"You're so dumb sometimes April. Think about this, if he came back; that only means that he felt you're important." She said. I burst out laughing so hard that a few people looked at us with death glares.

"Uhh...what is so funny?" She asked.

"I'm important to Maxwell Wilders? The CEO of Catco company! come on Miley, don't pass such funny statements" I managed to say after I suppressed my laughter.

"There is nothing funny about what I said. Why else would he even bother to look for you in the first place?"

"Uh; duh...to show off his stupid power," I exclaimed.

"So...what was he like in person? Is he still hot like in his photos?" Miley swayed the topic when she realised I didn't buy her pathetic point.

"Miley?" I rolled my eyes at her as I gave her a disapproving stare.

Maybe he did look like a model.
The rest of the day, I tried to get Maxwell Wilders' thoughts out of my mind.

I hadn't told mom about buying off the bakery. I want to surprise her. I plan on telling her about t when everything is all set up. I'm not even bothered about the sales after the renovation because anyone who tastes mom's pastry automatically falls in love. 

She is that good at her job.

That night as I prepared to go to work, Kim wandered into my room.

"Hey April," She said,  chirpy as ever.
I watched her as she sunk into my bed, keeping that grin on her pretty face.

I ignored her and continue brushing my hair.
"I polished your brown boots." She said causing me to look at her through my mirror.
"Okay, Kim; that's so nice of you," I said flatly, getting a slight hint of what was going on.

"And I also did all your laundry, and I folded them too..."

"Okay cut it, what do you want Kim?" I interrupted her not wanting to delay the suspense any further.

"Oh come on April, can't I just be nice and not want anything?"

"I know you, Kim, you're never this nice...especially to me."

"That's so harsh."

"What do you want Kim?" I asked again.

"Fine! If you insist, well it's nothing really... I was just wondering if I could go with you to BOTS. please, please, please" She finally let out.

"Aww aren't you so cute huh; little sister, but no! you can't come." I scoffed and continue to untangle my hair.

AN
This chapter is dedicated to @Ruhaima2
Kim is something else, I think she's my favourite character so far. Let me know who your favourite is as well. 
Please vote, comment and share.