Chapter 21

Liam came home yesterday and I've been so clingy since then with him. A part of me wanted to ask him about the accusations but another part of me just decided to remain silent.

"Hey, babe how 'bout we head to the north ridge and grab some ice cream, it's been a while since we visited there," Liam asked as he looked down at me. I'm currently curled up in his lap as we watched lame T.V series.

I wasn't paying attention though as I'm only lost in my thoughts.

"That's a good idea," I said giving him a small smile.

"Good, I'll just freshen up real quick." He kissed me and headed into the bathroom.

"I'll just lay here and wait for you." Just as the water started to run, Liam's phone began to ring. I ignored it since he had started bathing already, he'll just call them back later.

After a second or two, the same number called again and continued for a minute.

I finally decided to answer and tell whoever it is that Liam was not around.

"Hello" I spoke but it was dead silent at the other end.

"Hello?" I repeated but there was still silence.

"Liam?" The person finally spoke causing me to acknowledge the fact that it was a woman at the other end.

"Liam is in the shower right now, you can leave a message I'll inform him when he's out."  said politely while I fought the urge to know more about this woman.

"Tell him I'm outside the fucking door." The anonymous lady spoke and hung up.

For a few moments, I was cut off guard. What does she mean by she's outside of his door?  Wait a minute, could it be that she's actually...

The mere thoughts got me up from the bed and down the stairs as I eagerly rushed to open the door.  When I did, there stood a pregnant woman dressed in tight leather pants and a jacket. She had long hair which was weirdly dyed pink and was wearing killer heels despite her condition.

For a whole minute, I felt numb. I just stared at her without a single utterance.

"Oh, so you're the little bitch he's been running to huh? Where the fuck is he? This is no way to treat a pregnant woman you know."

The moment those words left her lips, I tried not to look too shocked. 

I held myself together and asked her the appropriate question.

"Who are you?" I heard my voice Shuster as I still held the door open halfway.

I watched as the lady rolled her eyes, and released a sigh.

"Liam said you were naive but I didn't imagine it was to this extent. I'm gonna explain things to you alright...listen carefully. Liam is my fiance," She paused and showed me her Diamond ring.

"We've been together for ages, and we're expecting our first child. I need more attention than ever which is why I can't afford to share my man anymore. Find your own man, Liam doesn't love you, what? you thought he was gonna sit around and wait for your sorry ass?..."

"April who's at the door?" Liam called out cutting the woman up. I was too puzzled to do anything else. I just stared at her in oblivion.

She pushed past me and stepped inside the apartment, Liam's eyes widened when he saw her.

"Your Fiancé! why the fuck haven't you been answering my call? The doctor..."

"Are you crazy! What if someone saw you?!"

"Relax I was careful, you have to come with me..."

"Liam!" I called out, my voice coming out weak and shaky from how hard I was trying to remain collected.

"Who is this woman?" I asked again but this time my voice broke.

There was a look of frustration and discomfort on Liam's face. The woman rolled her eyes and got comfortable on the couch, placing her feet on the table in the process.

"This is gonna be interesting." She smirked slightly as she kept her gaze on Liam and me.

"Liam, I asked you a question, who the fuck is this woman?"

"April, I swear I can explain, just calm down first..."

"Don't you fucken tell me to calm down Liam! Who is this woman and why is she here!" I yelled again, but this time there was anger laced in each word I spoke.

"She's Wendy, we um, we met at the construction site..."

"CONSTRUCTION?! Liam come on, you can do better than that."  The lady whose name I've learnt to be Wendy cut him off with a dry laugh. This caused Liam to glare at her but she was unfazed.

By this time, I couldn't fight back the tears anymore. I just let them roll freely.

"We met and...well, we..."

"And what happened? you slept with her! Is that it?"

"April I was gonna tell you I swear...things just got so complicated and I..."

"No! Liam just stop! it all makes sense now." I wiped away stray tears and looked into his eyes.

"What happens to you'll wait until we're married? You swore we would only have sex when the time is right! but what? you got a woman pregnant!!" This was way too much for me to sink in.

"April, seriously? can you even hear yourself? No relationship works that way anymore, you seriously expected me to sit around until we were married!"Liam yelled as the argument became heated.

"I'm still waiting! I never for once looked at another man different. Even with all those times, you were away, I still kept my promise. You're a monster, Liam." I yelled.

"You're now finding that out now?" Wendy said causing me to acknowledge her presence once again.

"When were you planning to break my heart? when your baby turned six years old?!"

"April,"

"I hate you so much right now Liam!"

For the first time in all my twenty-two years on earth, I've finally felt the pain of heartbreak. It all just seems like a nightmare.

I stormed into the bedroom and grabbed my bag.

As I stormed out of the apartment, I heard Liam calling my name but I ignored him.

At this moment I was speeding beyond the speed limits of the highway. I ignored traffic and sped off out of town. 

I sat at my usual spot and cried to my heart's content.  I was still in shock.

I would have never believed that Liam is cheating on me no matter who it came from. Heck, I didn't even believe Miley's complaints.  That's how much I trusted him.

I've been nothing but loyal to him and what do I get in return, a hard slap on the face?

A/N
Enjoy>>