Chapter 25

I was promptly learning that one of the challenges of being focused was to be able to pay massive attention. I was also learning that life could be so fair to you one moment and slap you hard the next when you least expect it. I've finally started to understand the limited chances life offers. 

After I left the cemetery, I arrived at Miley's apartment promptly at two o'clock. I didn't care if I was late for lectures, Miley and I had to settle whatever that we had between us.

I waited for another ten in my car before I spotted her emerge out of her condo. I beeped my honk and she immediately looked toward my car. She hesitated a few seconds before she finally decided to walk towards it.

"Get in," I said once she appeared next to the car.  And as if she was having the same thought as me, she got in without any argument.

"We're gonna be so late," I said as I sped off towards the college. 

"April we're always late," Miley spoke with an eye roll. I looked at my best friend and observed a few changes in her. After one month of not getting concurrently with her, She looked so much better than me.

"Well, I can't deny that fact." I finally replied to her comment. 

"Hey how about we grab McDonald's Cheeseburgers after the lecture, and talk?" I offered once we had reached the campus.

"Good idea." She replied almost immediately. It seemed as though she had been wanting to talk too. 

"Great! see you later," I said to her as I took my path towards the design hall.

Final year courses were mostly practical, which is what makes it all beautiful in my view. At this point, I had two internships to take off before graduation and honestly, I was looking forward to it.

Unlike other courses, our final quiz will be practical. We are given specimens to work with. Consisting of different types of outfits, how well you can work with your specimen will determine your grade.

Less people fail Fashion and design to be completely honest. It's not too easy, but with a little effort and technique, passing with GP 4.0 shouldn't be a big deal. 

Just when I settled down on a seat in the large hall, our head of department for the Fashion section of the college, Mr Coleman walked in with a lot of papers in hand.

After talking with Mrs Evans in a low voice, Mr Coleman addressed us.

"Hello Ladies and gentlemen, I'll assume you are all fine. I want to be convinced that you're all preparing for your upcoming internships in February."

There was a noisy YES which came from everyone including myself, Mr Coleman continued.

"That's very good! I have good news for you, including those of you who have been slacking immensely due to God knows why! Listen up! DASH COLLECTION in collaboration with LOUIS VUITTON CLOTHING is organising a grand fashion show in East View College featuring all final year fashion students."

There was a loud cheer from everyone. I was excited, it was a life-changing opportunity for me. 

"The purpose of this Fashion show is to discover new talents and get the media's attention on the Fashion business. Not just that, this show will also give the best designer a fifteen years contract with any of the brands. As if that wasn't enough, the winner gets to design for a particular celebrity whose name I shall not disclose, until we have our winner. The show is in two weeks immediately after Christmas."

This was indeed good news for me. Wow!
A fifteen years contract with Dash clothing collections or Louis Vuitton! I can't afford to let this chance pass me.