Chapter 41

I don't know why I agreed to design Maxwell's play costumes. Maybe it's because I'm so desperate for an internship. Again, why am I having the impression that I want him to be pleased with my work? What if I don't do a great job? What if my designs turn out badly?

And I'm doing it again! April stop worrying about what Max will think. Mine and Max's relationship has become intense. I can feel thick tension between us whenever he's around.

I know for a fact that Maxwell has feelings for me but the question here is, do I feel the same way? Do I have what it takes to move on in my love life? Am I over Liam yet? Oh no!

Agreeing to design the costume will mean more time with Max. Am I ready for that step? Am I comfortable enough to be around him all the time?

All these questions are in my head eating me up. It's been two weeks since I agreed to work with Max. Desiree, Max's P. A got in contact with me and scheduled an audition. Per their expectations, I made it through and I was given a one-year contract to design the costumes for all three acts of his play.

I was nervous at first. I felt self-conscious about how I would be able to fit into the wealthy atmosphere at CATCO. But that was before Max told me I could use the contract as my internship if I wanted to. Since I wasn't placed, I agreed immediately. I spoke to Miley about it and she was like 'Girl go get it'. Since the school hasn't placed me in any fashion industry, I have every right to choose where I want my internship.

Miley has started interning at the Towns Bank and loves it there. I however enjoy working with the CATCO fashion team. It's fun working with them. Since the first act of the play is due in a week, the cast has to stop by to try on their various fits for any mistakes or discomforts. Fortunately, it all fits well and there is nothing to adjust.

The play is about Maxwell's Novel 'The Midland Tributes' which has an ancient setting. So I designed the costumes as such. Giving it the ancient fashion look. Everyone loves the idea including Maxwell himself. Working with Wilders is easier than I had estimated.

He's very professional and doesn't talk about personal issues until we're off work. Since we're not even in the same sectors of the company, we hardly see each other unless it's about the costumes. His P.A. Desiree is in charge of handling any problems concerning the sector.

I'm happy right now and definitely enjoying my life at this point. I work at BOTS on Fridays to Sundays from 7 pm to 10:30 pm. I still have to save cash so I don't mind the stress at all. I chose to work at BOTS on the weekends because I have to work from 9 am to 4 pm at CATCO on weekdays, Per my internship rules. Even on days when there isn't any shooting I still went through just to design personal stuff.

Things are smooth right now.

Time does fly fast.
It has been six months since I worked with Maxwell Wilders. These six months have proven to be fairly good to me. I changed my car, finally. I've been working towards that for a while now. I'm a little embarrassed about this revelation but I guess I have to spill either way. So I sold my Audi A3 and got a brand new Toyota Camry. Mind you, my 'old Audi A3 which was giving me a lot of complications daily.' Wasn't looking for luxury. Strictly convenience.

Getting a Camry is pretty decent because comparing it to my old Audi A3, it's probably like an 8.00 out of 10.00.

Working at CATCO is the best thing that has happened to me. A lot has been happening and has happened within this short period. I finally agree to go out with Wilders. It has been and is still a roller coaster of emotions for me. I finally got to admit to myself that I indeed have mutual feelings for Maxwell. Having Max as my partner has been and is still an amazing experience.

He understands my idea of moving slowly and I love him for that. Six months is too early to decide whether or not one loves someone but I can see that Max is in love with me. The way he treats me, how delicate he is when having conversations with me. I'm not there yet, I like Maxwell a lot but, do I love him? Urgh!

Mark proposed to my mom and she happily agreed to marry him since they've been seeing each other for quite a minute now. Mark and Mom are two mature people and for them to come up with a decision like this only shows that they're serious about what they have. I'm very happy my mother is giving love another chance.

The fact that she's giving herself a chance to move on after what happened to Dad is a motivation for me to also move on. For the first time in a long time, things are finally falling into place. The bakery is running well and has expanded to twenty hardworking employees. It's the talk of the town and just like in old times, the income is definitely decent. With Mark's help, Mom has been able to set up an active online service for people outside Boston or just busy people who can't come into the shop.

Miley is doing very well with her internship. She took a maternity leave though because her doctor said she's due in just a month. She's heavily pregnant and has gained some extra flesh. Honestly, if having babies did this to every woman, I would pass on having kids. Hakeem has been supportive during the whole process.

He's always there even when Miley and I go shopping. He would randomly buy baby toys and clothes at any chance he was free from playing. Miley wants the gender to be a surprise so she hasn't asked her doctor about it.

A\N
Wow! I can't believe April and Max are together!!!
Squealing!!!