Chapter 33

The following morning Kim seemed off, she stayed up in her room the whole day. I only went up to her room when I was left with an hour to get ready to leave for work.

"Hey, why aren't you getting ready...I'll be leaving in an hour."

"Yeah, uh, I'll be ready before to know it..." She giggled awkwardly.

"Kim you've always wanted to go to BOTS with me, what's the matter...."

"Nothing is the matter, April, I'll be ready in a bit."

"Okay..."

Once I pulled up in front of BOTS, we both got out of the car and walked towards the back entrance.
If this was any other day Kim would have been fangirling like crazy, She definitely knows that I saw her last night. She's too gloomy for my liking.

Once inside the changing room, I asked her to look around for a bit while I changed into my uniform.

"Why don't you look around, you have to make good use of this opportunity."

"Yeah, I guess."

"So, go on...meet me back at the bar area when you're done. And guess what...I'll teach you how to mix up drinks." She simply smiled at that and went off.

After I changed, I went out and immediately began work since there was a crowd gathered around Lauren already.

"Hey..." She greeted me with a smile.

"What's up, Lauren."  I greeted back casually.

"Nothing much, but hey, I think there's something you should know."

"What is it?" I questioned turning a bit serious.
The crowd had reduced a bit with my presence. 

"Wayne said it's best I stop working here, you know with how fast our relationship is growing and everything...he wants professionalism and you know..."

"Oh, so you're gonna quit and be with him?"

"Yeah..."

"Wow, I'm happy for you Lauren...So what are you going to do after you quit?"

"Well, it's the exact question I kept asking him but he keeps telling me not to worry."

"Well don't worry! Girl, you've got him whipped..."

"April, stop..."

"Fine, fine..." I said raising my hands in surrender.

"But has he found a replacement for you?" I suddenly asked.

"He's still looking up the applicants." She said.

"Wow, I can't still believe it...you both got it real hard huh?"

"You bet."

After it had gotten less busy than before, I called Kim over. I watched her as she sat on the high stool and pinned around a little out of nervousness.

"So, tell me about your boyfriend..." The mention of her boyfriend got her a little surprised.

"I knew it! I just knew this was sabotage!" She said suddenly causing me to give her a weird look.

"What do you mean sabotage?"

"You know what I mean, you're never this nice."

"Are you going to tell me about him or what..." I spoke more sternly this time.

"Well, he's a former student at my school,"

"What do you mean former student?" I raised my brows in surprise.

"Uhh he kind of has his own business and he stopped schooling so that he could expand it..."

"Wait a minute, young lady I'm not getting you clear...what you're saying is that, your boyfriend, dropped out of school?"

"...to work on his business..."

"Kim you're going out with a dropout?"

"April you're making it seem so bad,"

"Because it is bad, sneaking around late at night and smoking things with this school dropout is bad!"

"What are you talking about?" Of course, she's going to lie about it.

"Quite pretending Kim, I saw you last night! Listen to me Kim, I know you're growing up and of course, there is going to be pressure from your friends and all...but it's alright to be different. You don't have to please everyone..."

At this point, Lauren was attending to the few clients, while she was listening half-heartedly to my and Kim's conversation.

"I'm not pressured April, what're you getting at..."

"How long have you been smoking?" I asked.

"I've not been smoking! Goodness, last night was my first time alright...Shane has never pressured me into smoking and don't worry it won't happen again." She said pulling her blonde locks out of her face.

"I want you to stay away from that boy Kim," I stated.

"April, No! Shane is a good guy,"

"I'm not gonna hear anything else, if I see you with that boy again, I'm telling mom."

"You're not being fair! Just because he smokes he's a bad influence?"

"I said cut it out Kim, you better think of a way to back out of that relationship."

"You're in no position to give me any advice on boys...you seem to have a history with that as well..."

"Shut up..."

"Is this why you asked me to come here with you? Huh, and here I was thinking it was a kind gesture..." She said rolling her eyes as she stood up from the stool.

"Where are you going?" I asked as she started walking towards the exit.

"I'm going home!!" She yelled above the music as she disappeared into the sea of people.

I let out a sigh and looked at the time which read 12:30 am. What is happening with my little sister?

Was I this difficult in my teen years? And I'm not gonna lie but it really got me when Kim mentioned Liam's and mine relationship being wack.

It was a nice Wednesday morning and Max wanted us to have a stroll through central park. It turned into a walking marathon and we ended up at Saint Peter's Square downtown.

Honestly, hearing Max laugh made me realise that it was the most pleasant sound I had ever heard. Maybe it's because he isn't one to laugh often or so I thought. So whenever he laughed I couldn't help but notice just how well he laughed and how sweet it sound to the ear.

And this seems to only happen when I'm with him.  So I might have made it my favourite thing to make him laugh when I'm around him these days. 

"I'm free next weekend, if you don't have work we could watch a movie at my place," Max spoke bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Umm...well I'll check and let you know if I'll be off work by then."

"Cool...let me know then...we could also sip a bit of Italian wine..."

"Someone is trying to get me to become a wine-tasting buddy huh...not cool Maxwell."

"That isn't a bad idea is it?" He asked failing to hide his smirk.

"Well, Italian wine has my soft spot now so..."

"Yes! I knew she would get weak for wines." Max said lowly but I still heard it.

A/N
Please vote and comment...
Peace~