Chapter 28

The whole lunch was a success. Kim had left with the twins about a while ago, and mom and Mark are currently watching something boring on T.V. I would hang out with Miley but, she apparently fell in love and cancel our routines. I always hang out with her every Christmas day.

I'm happy for her though, all the years I've known Miley, this is the first time she has taken a relationship this far. At least she found someone she's happy with. Someone who is definitely not a drug dealer and a criminal.

Everyone had a great Christmas experience except for me. I had spent the entire day planning what outfits I would design for the upcoming fashion show Mr Coleman, had spoken of. As I anticipated and eagerly yearned for it, I was still figuring out how to escape from Mr Coleman's manipulative intentions.

Staying positive is my only means of getting through it all. Since I'm gonna be free till the new year, I might as well find something to keep myself preoccupied and less lonely.

The next day, some snow had melted and it was less freezing. Everyone had plans to go out today, well, except for me. I did make some plans to have a movie marathon later though.

During breakfast, mom kept asking me if I wanted to go out with Mark and her. Definitely not! That would be so awkward.
"No mom, go have fun with Mark, I'll be just fine over here." This is the second time Christmas has ever sucked like this.

The first time was when dad had died, it was in September, so when Christmas came soon after, it was very difficult to get in the spirits. This particular Christmas isn't so bad though, at least mom and Kim are in spirits.

I'm the one who's going through a lot this year.
"Alright, if you insist...when did Miley say she was coming back?"

"After the holidays, that's like a whole week away."

"That's a while, but you can still get through face time, that's what you call it right..."

"Yeah, I guess..."
The rest of the breakfast was relatively quiet until it was time for them to leave. After failed attempts to get me to go out with her and Mark, she finally gave up.

"Don't worry, I'll make dinner by the time you get back."

"Oh no! don't bother with it, I'll be back early to cook us something...we don't want the house burning down do we?" She mumbled the last words but I still heard them.

"Seriously, come on mom..." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Just looking out for you, don't be mad." At this point, I just shook my head as my mom walked out the door, her shoulders shaking because apparently, she was laughing so hard.

"Bye April_"
Kim called out, bringing me out of my shocked state.

"_you should watch Home Alone." Chuckling slightly, I nodded and waved her off. After watching my mom and sister drive away, I caught sight of Mr Will who was sitting on his porch.

He was in his favourite beat-up coat, his glasses sat on his nose. He had a scarf around his neck and his hair looked uncombed. 

"Good morning Mr Will." I greeted him with a smile.

"Good morning April, how's the day going?"

"Great! hey, Merry Christmas again, did you like your present?" I asked as I got comfortable on the wooden bars which separated our bungalows.

"I loved it, I'm sure you chose it..."

"You bet!" I got him a big duty Shovel since he loves to work in his backyard garden.

"Hey Mr Will, how about we start growing pumpkins next season!"

"Great idea April,"

"Yeah, see you later Mr Will, I'm heading inside now."

"See you around kiddo." Shaking my head slightly, I replied.

"Not a kid Mr Wil." Mr Will has been our neighbour for as long as I can remember. He lost his wife a while back and has lived alone since. Mom and Dad were always trying to make him feel less lonely and that's how we're so close. He and his wife never had any kids, and the reason remains unknown to us.

The next couple of days that passed were unproductive. By the end of the whole holiday season, I was able to come up with a couple of outfits I would like to design for the fashion show. In as much as I couldn't. wait for school to reopen, I also dreaded seeing Mr Coleman.

My two weeks break from BOTS ended yesterday, so technically I have to be at work tonight. I am a little happy about it though, a new month, and a new year, it felt great.

As I read Dark Moon, a book I recently bought from Amazon, a call came through from Miley.
"Hello, Miley."

"Hey, you! guess what,"

"Miley  can't possibly guess 'what'..." I say, rolling my eyes a little.

"Well, I'm back in town bitch!"

"Really! Why? I thought you said you would be back on Saturday, today is Friday."

"Well, change of plans...anyways, how do feel about a girls' day at your place?"

"Miley, I'd love that but you just got off a flight,  shouldn't you be resting or something?"

"Don't be ridiculous April, it was just a two hours and fourteen minutes flight, now are we doing this or not!"

"Fine, you want me to come and get you?" I asked. 

"No need for that, what I would like, is for you to come and open the door..." Shaking my head, I couldn't help but smile at my best friend's surprise.

I made my way to the door and pulled it open to reveal a very excited Miley with a wide grin on her supermodel's face.

"You're an idiot..." I mumbled as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Yes, I admit that I'm your idiot." She chuckles as she hugged back as tight. 

"Seriously, Miley you were here all along,"

"What can I say, I missed you that much..." She says pulling away from the hug to look at my face.  I maintained my smile as I walked us inside.

"You've been a very bad best friend you know that right?"  I said with a pout as I sat back on the couch.

"I know, and I'll make it up to you...but, April, I think I'm in love."

" I can definitely see it in your eyes...damn, girl you're glowing."

"Of course, I am." She said smirking slightly.

"But for real Miley, you've become fuller, wait a minute, what have those people been feeding you?"

"What can I say, they all love me."

A/N
A big shout-out to my new followers.........
Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Peace~