Part 2 : The Search

After the talk with her husband, Kunti came back to her shelter... She didn't see her sons there... Perhaps they went out to play,she thought.
Her mind wandered to the time when she was still unmarried... Her life in Kunti Kingdom... How much her father used to love her... How she was taught about everything lovingly... How she served Rishi Durvasa... The moment he gave him the boon... The moment she thought of using it out of curiosity of seeing what happens... She didn't knew that it would give her a child without her asking for it... She always wanted to see Lord Surya Narayan... The one who can't be seen through open eyes for a long time... She summoned Him through the mantra... And the mistake happened... Lord came and gave her a part of Him as her child...

 Lord came and gave her a part of Him as her child

She told Him she didn't want a child then... But Lord Surya Narayan said that the mantra, that she used, binds Him to give a part of Him to Kunti... It can't be used for any other purpose.. He told Kunti to take care of their child... Kunti got scared... She couldn't take the responsibility of a child now... As she was unmarried... The society would point out on her character or her father's upbringing... And she can't bear that... Her sakhi Priyamvada, who saw Kunti cursing herself for using the mantra without keeping it in mind that it was for child bearing purpose only, came to her and told her that she should abandon him now or else it would be of great problem... The mental pressure on Kunti let her do that heinous crime of abandoning her own child...

The only thing she remembered was that his name was Karna and he had a kavach and kundal on his body

The only thing she remembered was that his name was Karna and he had a kavach and kundal on his body... Proving that he was divine... Her thoughts were interrupted by Pandu who came to her and saw her crying... He felt guilty thinking he was the reason behind her tears... She asked for his forgiveness and promised she won't hide anything from him hereon... Pandu was happy... He promised Kunti that he would search for Karna and would adopt him... After saying these, Pandu left her to contact with Vidur and Bhishma...