Part 18 : The Suspicion

As the Pandavas with their mother entered the land of Varnavat, people residing in the area came to meet with the royal family... Anyone could read from their faces how much happy they were...

One family told the Pandavas that their father too had visited the place before leaving his kingdom...

The mention about their father brought back old memories in front of the Pandavas... Though they never mentioned it, but deep inside each and every one of them missed Pandu... And though they tried to remember him in their happiness, many times they felt depressed with the loss...

Karna's caring and responsible nature had healed their wounds to a great extent... But father's loss can't be fulfilled by anyone... The love they get from Radha Maa and Pitashri Adhirath had made them forget about that dreadful incident but the mention of it just uncovered the deep wounds...

The villagers expressed how much happy they were for getting a rightful and just king like Yudhishtir above them... They knew that Yudhishtir would do proper justice and would never let injustice creep in the area...

After this, they spent their time visiting the houses of them and enjoying their company... The love they got from the subjects made them feel very lucky...

When they were thus visiting the place, Purochan came there...

Purochan : Yuvraj... You here? You just reached today... Yuvraj... If you don't take rest today then you might fall ill....

Yudhishtir : Purochan... Come... Well we were waiting for you... Maharaj told us that you have arranged a place for our stay...

Purochan : Yes Yuvraj... I have arranged a marvelous palace for you all... Come with me Yuvraj... Let me have the pleasure to serve you all...

As they went ahead, Purochan led them to a peaceful place... And Purochan was right... The palace was marvelous indeed...

As Purochan finely adjusted the mirrors, the Palace got visible, illuminated by the moon light

Pandavas were awestruck with the view...

Yudhishtir : Purochan... This palace is really very beautiful... I'm pleased with your gesture... Let me return Hastinapur, I will reward you with lots of golds for this beautiful creation...

Purochan : It's my pleasure Yuvraj... I'm happy that my little knowledge regarding architecture could impress your high minds...

But as they entered the palace, they got a faint smell everywhere... They ignored it thinking that maybe the smell was due to recent finishing of the work...