Part 10 : Family Reunion

As the chariots entered through the main gates of Hastinapur, Maharaj Dhritarashtra and Bhishma came to ask them about their whereabouts... But they got shocked when the saw the chariot...

There was Adhirath... The charioteer of Bhishma and his wife with Karna... They were too shocked to react over the matter...

Within few minutes Kunti too came to welcome back her kids... But as she stood in front of the chariots, she got shocked... She saw a man and an woman in Karna's chariot... She couldn't understand what did that mean...

At the same time, the Pandavas got off from the royal chariot and greeted their mother... And then Karna introduced Kunti to his parents...

Though it was hard for Kunti to keep a check on her tears when Karna referred them as his parents but she couldn't do anything with it too... She was there for the other 5... But Karna... She abandoned him... She didn't even knew whether her 1st son was alive or not... At that time it was them who took care of him... And she knew they had the full right to claim Karna as their son... They were with him when she wasn't there... Each and every thing that he learnt was from them... She felt happy that atleast her son got good morals...

Finally after much hesitation, she finally came to greet them... Kunti accepted them whole heartedly as they were the one who actually were the parents of Karna... And now Pandavas can get the love of 2 parents... She also said that though it was she who actually gave birth to Karna, but it was them who made him a man...

When Karna kept his view of keeping his parents with them in the Palace itself, Kunti didn't oppose as it was a great idea...

Finally after talking with Bhishma, they welcomed the couple and a room was given to them... Servants were appointed for their service too... In short, they were getting a royal treatment, which they actually deserved....

As the whole Pandava family reunited, Dhritarashtra thought its better to announce about the crown prince of Hastinapur...

Dhritarashtra : I happily announce that the rightful crown prince of Hastinapur and my successor is KARNA
Priests please arrange everything as his crowning ceremony would be celebrated soon...

With this when the announcement was completed, Duryodhan who was getting angry with all the drama finally raised his voice against the decision...

Duryodhan : I beg your pardon Maharaj but I am opposing your decision... Karna is a suta, the son of a charioteer... Though Raj mata Kunti is his biological mother but he got his values and morals from a charioteer... I don't think he has the capability to rule a kingdom... It was better that he was a king of a subordinated place of Hastinapur... It could be controlled... But Hastinapur... It's a country Maharaj... How can a mere charioteer rule a kingdom vast like Hastinapur?
Maharaj I think it's better if you think and then decide about this...

Yudhisthir : Then I too have something to say Maharaj... May I?

Dhritarashtra : Obviously son... You can keep your views in front of the whole Sabha...

Yudhishtir : Thank you Maharaj... Maharaj I think what Duryodhan said was correct... Mata Kunti was our eldest brother's biological mother but the values that he got was from a charioteer... But where is it said that a charioteer can't have good moral values? Where is it said that a son of a charioteer can't have good morals? Also Jyesth bhrata Karna was taught by Bhagwan Parashuram... His mental and psychological thinking got developed in that process... I don't think Bhrata Duryodhan have a doubt on Bhagwan Parashuram's teaching too...

Duryodhan : No I don't have a doubt on that... But... Leave it... I don't have any objections with Karna getting to be the crown prince... His administrative methods can be observed then...

Dhritarashtra : As no one has any objections regarding the decision, it is finalised that Karna would be the crown prince of Hastinapur... Vidur, send royal notice to the territories of our friends and relatives... Also Kunti too wishes to send few messages... See that all of these gets delivered as soon as possible...
The court is thus discontinued...

As Vidur took all the royal notices, he went to Kunti to take the few messages she needed to send...

She requested her brother Vasudev to come with his sons and daughter... Also she sent a message to Madra Raj(brother of Madri) to grace the occasion with his presence...

With these finally the official works were done...

Soon affirmative responses came from all the relatives and friends that they would be coming to grace the occasion...

So, Finally Karna is going to be crowned... Let's see what happens... Also Krishna will be coming... Let's see how Arjun and krishna's friendship get started...