Part 45 : The Bonds

In Magadh

Arjun and Bhim thought to inform their mother regarding their safe arrival to Magadh... As they entered in the premises of the beautiful kingdom, they were mesmerised... The whole kingdom was decorated for the upcoming festive in Magadh and the king and his ministers were personally supervising each and every intricate detail...

A more important rule of the festive was to please the Bramhans throughout the puja and give away anything they demanded and that was the main reason for those 3 princes to take over the disguise of a saint and then enter Magadh...

As soon as they entered, they saw Jarasandh with his ministers... Seeing all of them with their god like features, Jarasandh couldn't stop himself from coming towards them...

Jarasandh : Who are you, young brahmans? I swear I never saw a human so handsome and strong like you all...

Krishna : We are Brahmans and we would like to grace your puja...

Jarasandh : It's my pleasure brahmans... To serve you all... As you know, you can ask anything from me I won't say no to you...

Krishna : We'll inform you about our needs maharaj

Jarasandh : Kindly grace our kingdom with your presence and let us serve you all...

Krishna : As you wish...

Jarasandh : May I ask you something?

Krishna : Carry on

Jarasandh : These two brahmans... Why don't they say something? Have I done something incorrect or inappropriate?

Krishna : No they are on silent meditation... They will speak to you only after 2 days about their needs... Till then don't disturb them

Jarasandh : As you wish... I'll meet them after 2 days...

Jarasandh dropped them to guest rooms in his kingdom and left to prepare for the puja...

On the other side, In Indraprastha

Yudhistir : Mata, I'm feeling guilty

Kunti : But why putra?

Yudhistir : Mata... We all know how much powerful Jarasandh is... I'm not doubting Bhim's capability but is it improper to worry about him?
Mata I have sent them to Jarasandh just to clear him out of my way... My way of becoming Chakravarti Samrat... Isn't this selfish?

Kunti : No putra... This isn't selfish... I think you should spend some time alone and clear your thoughts...

As Kunti left, Karna entered...

Karna : What happened Yudhistir? I heard you're not well?

Yudhistir : I'm just worried Bhratashree...

Karna : Worried? But why?

Yudhistir : Bhratashree... Would you mind if I share something with you?

Karna : Yudhistir... You're my brother... Why will I mind listening to you?

Yudhistir : Bhratashree... From childhood, I have always taken care of these 4... I know you're our eldest brother but we weren't aware about it... And I couldn't ever stop myself from being the guardian to those kids...