Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna

Like this, years passed and Kans killed every sons of Devaki and Vasudev...
Kans had already killed her 6 sons when Devaki suffered a miscarriage leading to the destruction of her 7th child...
Soon it was time for the 8th son to be born in the world...

Devaki and Vasudev were excited to know that their son would finally put an end to all their problems... Kans would finally be dead...

They thought it's better to keep the child alive than handing him over to Kans...

Few days later

Devaki and Vasudev were sitting on bed thinking something when Kans arrived with his ministers...

Kans : So... Devaki... Your 8th child will soon come to the world... And I can't wait to kill him.... 😡

Devaki : Bhratashree.. He's your blood... You're his Mamashri... Don't do this sin bhrata... 🥺

Kans : Shut up... He will be the reason of my death... I won't allow him his life... 😡

With this, Kans went away and informed his soldiers to keep an eye on the duo and inform him if anything significant happens...

As he went away from the cell, a bright light entered...

The bright light touched Devaki's abdomen... And then stayed there for sometime...

Suddenly a voice came...

Maate... I'm Vishnu... Please allow me to be your 8th son...

Hearing this, Devaki was shocked... She couldn't understand what to say...

Vishnu then appeared in His divine form and stood in front of Devaki...

Vishnu : Maate... 🥺

Devaki : What can I say divine lord? You want to be my son... You want me to be your mother... I'm feeling out of the world, my lord...

But... I can't allow you to be my son 😔

Vishnu : Why so Mata?

Devaki : I don't deserve to be your mother... Kans will kill you... You don't deserve it...

Vishnu : Don't you have trust on me Mata? I want to be your son and give you all the happiness... I want to give you freedom... I want to provide you all the luxuries Mata

Devaki : But why do you want to take birth in my womb? In a tainted womb... You will be the reason for your brothers' death... Why???

Vishnu : No Mata... They were Rakshas... Who were destined to die in his hands... They weren't your sons... They weren't innocent...

Devaki : Fine... If you want to be my son, then so be it...

Vishnu disappeared from the site and bacame a bright light which entered inside Devaki's womb... Devaki smiled at the feeling...

The next day, Kans got to know about Devaki's pregnancy... He knew he had been waiting for this very moment... Killing this 8th son will finally make him immortal... He was happy and started planning ways to kill the unborn child...

Days passed away slowly and finally, it was the day when Devaki cried out in labour pain...

It was late night and the weather outside wasn't helping either... Thunderstorm was going on in full swing and Devaki shivered both in fear and also in the pain...

Painfully pushing with all her might, Devaki got delighted seeing the baby... The midwife covered her and cleaned the baby and gave it to her...

Devaki cradled the baby slowly in her arms and started making her drink her milk...

The baby sucked the milk as if he was thirsty since ages and slept off making both the mother - father duo adore the cute sight in front of them...

But here, Vasudev was tensed... He wanted Kans to get the punishment for all his deeds and knowing that his death was in his son's hands not only gave him pleasure but also made him shiver in fear... He knew his son's future was going to be tough... He wanted his son to become a grown up man and perform great deeds... And he knew it won't happen if his son would be here...

So without thinking anything, he thought to send the baby to a place where at least he would be safe from the tortures of his own maternal uncle...

He remembered his cousin, Nanda Maharaj, a cow-herd chief, staying on the premises of Gokul... He immediately felt it safe to keep his son there... He remembered how he had sent a message to him informing him about his wife Rohini and how he took her into his custody, promising him to keep her safe...

He slowly took the newborn and strode slowly towards the first gate of the prison... He suddenly saw the gates got opened... He was tensed at first but then saw none out there...

He slowly exited the first gate and went towards the next... As he approached, he saw the gate open... He securely held the baby close to him and went straight firmly... In a similar manner, he crossed all the gates but saw none of the guards... He then came towards the last gate... And there he found it open again... He looked outside and saw all the guards sleeping soundly... The weather was bad and none could keep their eyes open...

He came outside the palace and went straight towards Yamuna river... He started marching towards Gokul in firm steps carrying his baby on his head...

He then saw a basket floating in the river... He took hold of it and saw comfortable clothes placed neatly covering the entire basket... He placed the newborn on the basket and placed the basket on his head... He then started his journey again...

Suddenly it started raining... The river Yamuna started overflowing... He could feel the high tides approaching him... Suddenly he felt something behind him... He looked at his back and saw Sesh Nag covering the basket and him like an umbrella... He started his journey again, now protected from the rain...

He couldn't understand how all of a sudden he found himself on the shore of Yamuna attached with Gokul...

The journey towards Nanda Maharaj's house just took him few minutes... It felt as if he was floating in air and not walking...

He reached Nanda Maharaj's house and found it open... He sneaked inside and saw Nanda Maharaj and Yashoda sleeping peacefully and a cute baby daughter sleeping with them...

He safely took hold of the baby daughter and exchanged her son with his daughter... He bade his son good bye and went away taking the baby daughter with him...

The return was more speedy... He found himself outside the prison gates within a few minutes... The gates got opened again leading Vasudev to his prison cell... He kept the baby in the hold of Devaki and slept hugging his wife...

The next day, Kans entered and straightly went towards the baby...

Devaki said that a baby girl is born and requested his brother to leave her as he posed no harm to him... But Kans didn't hear a word from her and took her daughter away declaring it as a plan of the gods to safeguard the 8th born...

Kans brought the newborn to a cliff and threw the baby with a huge laugh...

The baby didn't die... A bright light came up instead and Devi Jogmaya showed herself... She insulted Kans and went away, having served the purpose of her birth...