Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur

As the Pandavas with Mata Kunti and Vidur entered the gates of Hastinapur, lots of people gathered for seeing the royal princes of Hastinapur... They knew about the exile of Pandu and they wanted to see the royal princes of Hastinapur... But when they got to know about the death of Pandu, they closed all their activities and surrounded the royal chariot...

Kunti got touched with their gesture and fought back wuth her tears and emotions... She didn't want to fall weak in front of her sons but the situation was making it difficult for her to control herself...

The news of their approach travelled far more speedily than they actually came...

When they entered through the royal gate of the Hastinapur palace, they were astounded seeing the beauty of the area...

After their welcome by the King and Queen, the 100 princes came lined up to welcome their brothers

As expected, Shakuni had already done his work of poisoning their minds saying that the Pandavas were there to snatch what was Duryodhan's... So they were expected to be angry and as expected, they wanted to keep them like slaves under their shoes...

 So they were expected to be angry and as expected, they wanted to keep them like slaves under their shoes

Duryodhan : We are the 100 brothers of King Dhritarashtra... And you all need to bow before the crown prince and take his blessings for staying in this palace...

Yudhishtir : Duryodhan, obviously my brothers would take blessings from you as they are younger to you... But I can't... I'm older than you...

Duryodhan : My brothers would touch your feet too but you need to bow down first Yudhishtir...

Yudhishtir : Blessings from youngers can be a curse for him... Keep that in mind Duryodhan...

Duryodhan : I don't care

Bhishma : But we do... And the traditions and cultures of Aryavart should be maintained... Touch the feet of your elder brother Duryodhan and then go... And it's my order...

Reluctantly Duryodhan touched Yudhisthir's feet and went away... His brothers followed similar feat...

After this, Bhishma appointed few servants for them and took them to their part of Kingdom...

Kunti and the Pandavas started living in Hastinapur and started taking few duties of the Kingdom too... They used to play but also used to follow their passion... Arjun used to practice archery and used to sharpen his skills... Bheem used to learn martial arts from the fighters in the Kingdom who were appointed to entertain the King...

As their ages progressed, they started taking coaching from Kripacharya...

Then on a fine day, when they were playing they saw a fine young man entering the premises of Hastinapur Palace... As their concentration went from the activity going on to the fine young man, the ball, with which they were playing, fell in the well and they didn't know what to do to take it out from the well...

The young man laughed and criticising them for their inability being a Kshatriya, he took few sticks from the ground and threw them towards the ball one by one which got stick to one another and then after making sure that the grip was firm he took it out from the well astonishing the princes... He also threw his ring in the well and took it out within the blink of an eye...

This few activities of the young man threw Arjun off guard... He wanted to learn archery skills from him... He wanted him as a coach... The devotion and firmness the young man had in his eyes made Arjun threw his guards off and ask him straight away to be his teacher... He wanted to know who he was and wanted to inform Bhishma about it...

But the young man wanted to meet Bhishma first... So without waiting more, Arjun ran away to meet Bhishma and ask him to meet the young man...

After hearing about the activities, Bhishma got sure that he was Dronacharya... He too wanted the princes to get coaching from him...

He met Dronacharya and offered him to be the teacher of the 105 princes...

But Dronacharya declined... He said that if he could be able to teach them what he knew and could make them warriors... They should offer him something he wants from them... At that time, without waiting for any elder's response, Arjun promised Dronacharya that his all skills and devotions would be laid before him if he wants that as fees...

Dronacharya got very happy and promised to teach them all his skills provided they would follow them to his Ashram...

Dhritarashtra wanted to make him stay here as a royal guest and teach them in the royal premises... But Dronacharya declined...

After many attempts of making the King understand, finally Dhritarashtra agreed to send his sons to his Ashram for 12 years promising himself that he won't try to contact with them not to make them weak in their resolve...

So let's see what happens after they get in the Ashram... Thank you all for providing your love and support